OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Trumpet Recommendation Please!!! Looks dont matter so much as sound!

Started by heathwesley, March 28, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

Hello Everyone
        I am interested in adding a trumpet call to my arsenal.  I am not asking which is the best out there but looking for some recommendations.  Sound matters most.
Thank you!

howl

Might have to try a few to find one that suits you best. I can do better on a carbon rod striker than a yelper that cost me a good bit of money. And there's nothing wrong with that caller.

TN Beard Buster

Give a look at Buckner's Game calls a try! He makes the easiest one I've ever tried and he also makes a great crow call also. Micheal is also a great guy to boot! And don't forget Pappy on here either. I haven't tried his call personally but he's a good guy that I got to meet in Nashville and he makes some good looking trumpets!

Flydown

Joe Slaton at Mother Lode Turkey Calls makes a great sounding and great looking trumpet. I am still learning the call but sat side by side with him the last couple of days in the turkey woods and took lessons, that man can flat out run a trumpet or any other turkey call and you will not meet a better guy!

CallDr

I make a user friendly Trumpet. They are not custom but are easy to run or learn on. There are many great custom makers who do a great job.

www.wildtalker.com

paboxcall

Quote from: CallDr on March 29, 2013, 02:13:44 AM
I make a user friendly Trumpet. They are not custom but are easy to run or learn on.

:agreed:

The CallDr has a unique design that makes his trumpets easy to run with a great sound.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer