OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Barrels... POI good nowadays?

Started by TheSportsman, April 01, 2013, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

It seems like years ago, the benelli's were horrible about POA/POI.  Seemed like a ton of them shot low, right.  I have a older one, it shoots right bad.  For those who have bought Benelli's, esp SBEs, do they seem to shoot dead on POA/POI???

Xcal1ber

My Stoeger M3500 shoots about 3 inches right.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TheSportsman on April 01, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
It seems like years ago, the benelli's were horrible about POA/POI.  Seemed like a ton of them shot low, right.  I have a older one, it shoots right bad.  For those who have bought Benelli's, esp SBEs, do they seem to shoot dead on POA/POI???

My very first SBE barrel shot very low but all the others I have for it shoot to POA as do all the other Benellis that I currently own. The Vinci was pretty much perfect out of the box.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mudhen

My newest SBE II is spot on with a slightly low hold.

My Super Vinci is dead on with no Kentucky windage...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

the Ward

My Vinci shoots straight,just slightly high.Had to play with the shims a bit to get it where i needed it.I think some of the complaints come from not taking the time to adjust the gun using the shims to get it to fit the shooter properly.But i do think a small percentage is caused by improper choke installation at the factory.Now that is just a theory i have,not fact.I do know that all the benellis i've seen lately have all shot straight enough.So i wouldn't worry about it,and if you do have a problem Benellis customer service is very good,although depending on the time of year can be a little slow.If your thinking about getting a new one i say go for it you won't be disapointed one bit!.....ward

01Foreman400

I have one at Benelli now.  They are out about a month right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

reynolds243

My stoeger 2000 and 3500 shoot straight

nyhunter

NOPE my SBEII shoots high right. not to mention its the worst patterning turkey gun I own and for that reason I will never own another one.

sixbird

The SBEII I bought about 5 years ago shoots to point of aim...It is somewhat particular about the shell/choke combination that it likes but once that was sorted out it patterned well and shot dead on...

01Foreman400

Quote from: nyhunter on April 02, 2013, 05:26:35 PM
NOPE my SBEII shoots high right. not to mention its the worst patterning turkey gun I own and for that reason I will never own another one.

Would you want to sell the piece of junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

beagler

Purchased a SBE 2 three years ago. No issues with POI.
Never Misses

Michigander

I bought a Nova several years ago for goose hunting. I then tried to pattern it for turkey hunting and could never get it to throw that great of a pattern. It also shot about 12" to the right at 40. I was looking at the choke threads one day and realized that it wasn't threaded straight, where the choke seated was off center in the bore. I contacted Benelli and they replaced my barrel free of charge. Now it patterns great and POA/POI is dead on. I'm curious if those that are having trouble getting decent patterns have the same issue.

devin4484

My stoegers I had 350-2000 both shot hv winchesters way left but every other shell I shot through em was dead on.  Never could figure that out.