OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hastings .562 improvements.

Started by fatboy, March 31, 2013, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

I am getting a hastings .562  to use in my sons 1187. I am going to pattern it stock, but was thinking of getting some wadstoppers put in. Has anyone else tried this?  I will probably be shooting Federal  7,s.  Any other ideas.

BrowningGuy88

My only suggestions from fooling with the Feds and my 21" 870 are the Hastings as it is, a Rem Super Full, or a SumToy 562-5.

I am running the SumToy, but set up two others that I gifted with the other chokes. They all shoot extremely well!

Balla1982

I got 112 in a 10" shooting Fed HW #7's today with a Hastings .562

Balla1982

I'm shooting 870 20 ga though.

R AJ

Quote from: fatboy on March 31, 2013, 09:45:42 PM
I am getting a hastings .562  to use in my sons 1187. I am going to pattern it stock, but was thinking of getting some wadstoppers put in. Has anyone else tried this?  I will probably be shooting Federal  7,s.  Any other ideas.

If you put wad stoppers in it could make it a better H-13 #7 choke, but could make a bad choke out of a pretty good one. The 562 for my invector choke stays as it is.

fatboy

Thanks, for the replies, maybe  I will leave it stock.

spurz

I would not do that if you are going to shoot Federals, no wad strippers wtih flightcontrol wads!My 870 with 21 inch barrel and the Hastings gets on average 150-160 with my best of 179.