Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 20g Super Bantam 22" Choke & Load Combo?

Started by Rycon70, March 30, 2013, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rycon70

Hey Folks,
I have been lurking on this forum for the last couple of weeks now.  Wow, lots of information! 

After much research I purchased a Mossberg 500 Super Bantam 22" All Purpose (synthetic).  I installed a Weaver 417M base into the pre-drilled/tapped holes and equipped an Eotech M550 HWS.  (I know...the optics is worth 2x value as the gun!  :o)  I still have a bunch of questions when it comes to ammunition and chokes.

I am looking for a good choke/ammo combination that will pattern 100+ in 10" pie plate?

• Factory Full Choke - Federal Heavy Weight #7?
  • Sumtoy Choke (type?) - Ammo type?
  • Indian Creek (type?) - Ammo type?
Other Questions:

• Can Mossberg 22" barrels handle steel shot or is it better if I just use lead only?
  • How does a person choose a choke manufacturer?

nogoodreezen

I have been working on a the same gun for a few weeks.  I would definitely recommend giving William at Sumtoy a call. I am getting awesome patterns with the 562-5 and the Federal HW 7s.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

nogoodreezen

Also, about choosing a choke manufacturer.  I love the fact that when I call Sumtoy I get to speak directly to the owner of the company. He will take the time to work with you and get you what you need.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: nogoodreezen on March 31, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
Also, about choosing a choke manufacturer.  I love the fact that when I call Sumtoy I get to speak directly to the owner of the company. He will take the time to work with you and get you what you need.

This is why I bought a sumtoy. William talked with me for an hour about loads and chokes. I settled on the 562-5 and shoot hevi 6's or HWT 6's.

The HWT 7's and the 562-5 are one of the best combos I ever shot in a 20 gauge. I just got a deal on the 6's so I shoot them.

Fullfan

I have the same gun for my girls. before you go spending money on another choke, give the Federal Heviewight #7 shot and the factory full choke a try.

I can get 135-140 in the 10 @ 40 all day.
Don't gobble at me...