OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Open up the choke today increased the numbers U lots.

Started by agturkey, March 28, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Ditched the SSX and went with Carlson....avg shot in 10 inch picked up avg 60 pellets.  U lots Clean Gun 40 yards 140 AVG. shot after shot Fed HW.   I have liked the Carlson since day one no matter how many chokes or lots I play with the Carlson is most proven hunting choke pattern for me in the Fed HW 7 era.  All smiles test it out next week in TN.

savduck

Man that's great to hear. William had said some of the U lots he had were liking a little more open choke.

Is that Carlson a 570
Georgia Boy

agturkey

CntrlPA

Thats good to hear. I bought 4 boxes of the V lot recently. The shop had a bunch of the U lot in but i was hesitant to buy it with the reports i was hearing.

R AJ

I have U lots and found that a 575 in the inv+ 28" bbl gave good pattern numbers . That is one reason that I maintain having more than one choke for each gun. Shell / shot/powder/wad changes do make a difference.  Too many super tight chokes leave little wiggle room, even from size 7 to size 6 or 5 shot.

Great post. Thanks for the heads up.

nyhunter

well maybe there's hope yet I have a .575, .572, .550 I hope one of them will pattern the u lot that i have. I'll post my results asap.

01Foreman400

I looked thur my stash and couldn't find any U lots.  I bought all of mine this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

sevetts

i have yet to top a carlson in any 20ga ive shot when shooting federals. if your gonna shoot federals out of 20ga ya gotta try a non ported carlson! sounds like turkeys beware!

JKF

My Carlson is bad medicine on turkeys out of my 1187 youth model

R AJ

Quote from: agturkey on March 28, 2013, 09:14:56 PM
Yes

Is it a special order? Carlsons has most at 575 on the website except for the Optima that is 580.

None that I saw were 570.

surehuntsalot

RAJ 
I have a .575 that simply loves the Federal HW in my 870 youth
it's not the harvest,it's the chase