turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey gun?

Started by Swamp, March 28, 2013, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiostrutter

i bought a 870 sps turkey wish i would have paid more and got the 1187 turkey i handeld one the other day thing is sweet

chatterbox

I went and did just that last season. I bought an 835, and have been tweaking it ever since.
The only thing I wish I had was a 24" barrel instead of the 20."
The 835 is in my opinion, the easiest gun to get excellent patterns right out of the box with.
I have finally ended up with my happy place. A Burris FFIII with 336 Marlin base, limbsaver recoil pad, SSX choke, and I plan on shooting 3-2-7 Hevi-13's out of her. I will confess that I just can't take the punishment of the 3.5's anymore. Once the range I use dries out, I will be heading down to try that combo.

FL-Boss

Quote from: ohiostrutter on March 31, 2013, 11:10:43 AM
i bought a 870 sps turkey wish i would have paid more and got the 1187 turkey i handeld one the other day thing is sweet

I did the same thing.  got a nice 870 turkey... traded it a few months later for the 11-87 sureshot turkey.  I knew I should have got the 11-87 in the first place.

Cutt

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 31, 2013, 07:34:55 AM
My buddy eric has the 3.5 1187 with the sure shot stock MO obsession with adjustable tru glos - and it is about the perfect little turkey gun , points good , lightweight  , and plenty of power

I agree loving mine so far, and the best feature, it likes 3.5's and it don't beat the heck out of ya.

Swamp

I think I'm gonna go with an 11-87 and get a .660 jelly head and suggestion on lead shells to try I've got 3 boxes of the thugs#6s to try but need more to try when I buy one.

AC7ION911

MY VOTE: 1. STOEGER 3500 2. FRANCHI AFFINITY

surehuntsalot

Mossberg 935
Stoeger 3500
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BINK McCARTY

IM WITH 01FOREMAN400....TAKE YR TIME AND FIND A USED BENELLI,EQUIP IT W/ EITHER AN INDIAN CREEK CHOKE OR A GOBBLER GUNS FINAL STRUT CHOKE& HS MAG-BLEND OR FEDERAL HEAVYWEIGHT #7 SHOT....TAKE CAUTION THOUGH ONLY SHOOT FEDERAL HVYWT.SHOT THRU A NON-PORTED/NON- WAD STRIPPING TUBE...SUCH AS I MENTIONED IN THE FINAL STRUT TUBE FROM GOBB GUNS...NOT THE INDIAN CREEK