turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New turkey gun?

Started by Swamp, March 28, 2013, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamp

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new turkey gun. I would like a simi auto to help with the recoil a little but would consider a good pump. 3 1/2" chamber willing to spend a little cash but dont want to break the bank any where form maybe 500 to $750. I've  heard good things form the 11-87 and 935 Leary of the mossbergs tho I have a 535 an don't like it. Como dipped or a wood stock. 24 to 26" barrel. What are some good options.

Thanks-Ben

remmy1187

My vote is for the 1187 shurshot turkey

grousec

I was in your spot a coupe years ago and I bought a 935 and am very happy with it.  I would also consider a stoger 3500. 

FL-Boss

+2 on the 11-87 sureshot... but is going to cost you at least $800 out the door.

CrustyRusty

Either the Remmy or Mossberg in that price range.  I have seen several 3.5 inch 1187's jam though, so I am inclined to say the 935.

mudhen

BPS 3.5" 12 gauge...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

BrowningGuy88

If an auto, I just bought the 935 Turkey in an all black model for $500 OTD.

If you don't mind ponying up for the 11-87 it is an awesome gun as are many, but for the price range I was looking at $450 - $600 the 935 was the only one I liked.

captin_hook

11-87.. Keep it clean and it'll never jam.

mattbrooks

tomstopper

Stoeger 3500 or the 11-87. I have used my 1187 for years but this year I am going to try my 3500. Either one is a fantastic turkey gun.....

01Foreman400

Take your time and find a used Benelli auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Swamp

I'm going to be shooting lead simply because I refuse to pay the outrages prices to only get 5 shells. I've heard good things out of the 11-87 with a .660 jelly head . And I got a price on a 935 yesterday around 640 for what I'm looking for said he couldn't find any. 11-87 with the 3.5" chamber in the barrel lengths I was looking for.

istuffanimals

Please take a good look at the Stoeger 3500.

Old Gobbler

My buddy eric has the 3.5 1187 with the sure shot stock MO obsession with adjustable tru glos - and it is about the perfect little turkey gun , points good , lightweight  , and plenty of power
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FL-Boss

I got the same 1187 this year....should have bought it years ago

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2