OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE 24" barrel with IC .665 patterning results.

Started by Sand Man, March 06, 2011, 11:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

After getting such great patterning results last year from my SBE "duck" gun and seeing good patterns from other Benelli's here on the forum, I decided I was going to get a Nova for sticky a turkey gun and put a Red Dot on it as I didn't want to drill and tap the "duck" gun and wanted a pistol/steady grip.  In the process of looking for a Nova, I ran across a deal on a 24" SBE.  I found a pistol grip or steady grip stock for it, had the barrel drilled/tapped/and Weaver rail mounted, and mounted a Burris FF II to the gun.  I wanted to get the gun dipped after I had the gunsmith work done, but I don't think I have enough time before turkey season.  So, I'm not going to chance it.  Here's some pics of the gun and patterns.

Shot some factory loaded Hevi-Shot 7's when I was dialing the Red Dot in.  Got some very nice results.  These were at 40 yards.

One at 20 yards just to see where the Red Dot was hitting.

Also, shot some of the TSS reloads.  The first was 2oz of TSS #9's at 40 yards and the second was 1oz of TSS #9's and 5/8oz Hevi-shot 7.5's at 40 yards.

Very happy with the end results and really liking the FF II.  It's going to be a bad year to be a turkey!   :jackson:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ctomp1974

Hognutz

Looks great, Sand Man. That is the same as my turkey rig..Those patterns will do just fine..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gobble!

goblr77

Your numbers with Hevi-13 #7's and the IC .665 are identical to what I'm getting with my 26" barrel Xtrema. I got better results with a Trulock .668 choke than the IC. I'm swapping the .665 IC out for a .675 without the wad catchers to see if the pattern improves.

Gold Spur

That's a good looking turkey rig and some wicked patterns....  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

BOFF

Great pattern.  :z-winnersmiley:
Nice looking gun as well.

God Bless,
David B.

redleg06

Sand Man

Thanks.  I'm very pleased with the results.

Quote from: redleg06 on March 08, 2011, 08:47:36 AM
...Ive seen better... :smiley-char092:

Haven't we all!   :toothy12:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

ahfox16

You've got my rig, except mine has a Pentax Lightseeker 2.5 on top.  Everything is dipped in Mothwing Spring Camo.

Ol'Mossy