turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Thugs in tight choke?

Started by Triplgobble, March 27, 2013, 09:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Think .650 will work in a benelli, since they have tight barrels to begin with? I've got a wrights .650, and an I.C. .665 to try this weekend, also a carlsons dead coyote tube as well, but theres no constriction listed on it.

Swamp

I shot the thugs 3" #6 out of my 535 with a kicks gobbling thunder .655 at 30 yards,personal comfort zone, needless to say it was a graveyard dead turkey at the other end of the barrel . These are the only shells I've found that throw a good pattern out of my gun. Every time I'm at Wally World I pick up a box if they got the #6s. Really hope federal continues this line of shells or a Long time.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThink .650 will work in a benelli, since they have tight barrels to begin with?

I bet it will.  But the IC choke still might beat it.  Try all 3 of those chokes.

Borden811

Provided the weather cooperates, I'm going to do that this weekend. I'll report back when I'm finished!

STRYKER

Did you try any other chokes to see if you could improve on that or not?  Just curious.  That ain't bad.
[/quote]
No i didnt try any other chokes. The ssx is the only super full choke i have for my gun. I shot them out of a win. 1300 with a 28 in. barrel.