OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call dry time.??

Started by Bro2032, March 26, 2013, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro2032

I just put together my first pot/slate call. I used plumbers Goop. My question is, how long do I need to wait for it to dry, after gluing, before I can run it.?

Thanks..!!

BRO

selinoid44

I seldom wait very long. I cant stand waiting. I wanna know what that sucker sounds like! The Goop seems to set up quickly!

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Bro2032

It's been sitting about 2 hrs.. What do you usually wait.?

BRO

TN-Hunter

The sound of the call will change a little until the glue fully cures. About 24 hours,but i guess a person could play it after a few hours. good luck

Bro2032

Thanks guys... It's sounds great.!! I made this for my son, and hope he can call his first gobbler in with this call..

BRO

selinoid44

Very nice! Hope he wacks a nice one.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

Bro2032

TarheelTurk

I usually wait a hour and then I have to play it ( i cant stand it like selinoid said lol), then I set my weight back on it and let it cure for 24.... And like  has been said it does change a tad , sound wise as it cures, the call looks GREAT .. Good job
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

As soon as I push a surface into a call and give it a little twist to seat the glue, I run a striker on the call to see how it sounds.  I have saved myself a lot of frustration doing this.  If the call sounds completely dead, I will remove the surface and add another bead of glue, then replace the surface.  Most of the time, this cures what ails it.   
That said, I generally allow the call to sit with about 1/2 pound weight on the surface to seat the surface and set the glue for about 8 hours minimum.  I prefer to let them sit overnight. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Bro2032

Quote from: TarheelTurk on March 27, 2013, 10:13:09 AM
I usually wait a hour and then I have to play it ( i cant stand it like selinoid said lol), then I set my weight back on it and let it cure for 24.... And like  has been said it does change a tad , sound wise as it cures, the call looks GREAT .. Good job
Thanks for the help, guys.!!

BRO