OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help me critique a friend!!!!

Started by lumberjack, March 26, 2013, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack

My turkey hunting buddy and I go back and forth trying to help each other improve our calling.  I taught him every thing he knows (I wish) about turkey hunting and I'm afraid his ability to call now exceeds my ability to help......So I humbly ask you all to give some tips to give him!!! Thanks!!

+++The pics have nothing to do with the calling...it was the first trukey calling related pic I could find!!!!

wvcurlytop

wvcurlytop

:z-winnersmiley:  Sounds like a turkey killer to me!!!!

I wouldn't mind hunting with you two sounding like that..  What brand of slate call is he using?  I can offer no advice on that, only I need to step up my game!!!

lumberjack

Thanks curlytop!!! He is outstanding in my opinion, better than me for sure!!!! I keep trying to get him to enter the local calling contest, I even offered to pay his entry fee!!!!  But he says he not tryin to impress the judges.....just the turkeys!!!!  I believe he was using a Cody Woodsman call in the recording!!   I doubt you would enjoy huntin with us...the country is rough and the turkeys are few and far between!!!!!  Thanks again!