turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One more quick lumber question y'all

Started by TarheelTurk, March 26, 2013, 02:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

When ordering call blanks from online or how are the sizes listed H X W X L ....... Or what size do you guys usually get ? Thanks to everyone who help me get the board feet right also!  Thanks Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

What kind of calls are you asking about size? 

Most box call blanks I have cut are 2"x2"x10" for short boxes or 2"x2"x12" for longboxes.
My pot calls are 1"x4 1/4"x4 1/4".
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TarheelTurk

Sorry Wendell, I make pot calls. I usually cut my blanks 1" thick and 4 1/8"x 4 1/8 " or  1x 4x4 , guess I'm asking if the online stores selling wood blanks use the same measurement of length x width x height and if so what size boards do you and/or others usually buy to cut your blanks out of ? Thanks for your help man I appreciate it ..... I have never ordered wood offline , i've always used lumber i found locally or cut it from trees and want to try something different Thanks again Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

Most of the lumber suppliers use the term 4/4 (four quarter) to describe 1" thick lumber.  Be careful to check "actual" thickness.  Standards allow 13/16" thick lumber to be considered 4/4 lumber.  That is a bit thin for my call pots.
I have bought small boards on ebay with fair results.  Shipping is generally about as much as common exotics and domestic woods.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TarheelTurk

Ok gotcha , Thanks a bunch Wendell , I appreciate it !!