OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MagBlends in a SBE w/ 670 PG??

Started by TheSportsman, March 25, 2013, 10:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Anybody have any experience with this combo?  Im really leaning towards trying a .670 Pure Gold for my SBE 1 and pair it with the MagBlends. Any thoughts? Thanks

Xcal1ber

I heard the magblends like a more open choke.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TheSportsman on March 25, 2013, 10:20:07 PM
Anybody have any experience with this combo?  Im really leaning towards trying a .670 Pure Gold for my SBE 1 and pair it with the MagBlends. Any thoughts? Thanks

I shot a variety of chokes with the Magnum Blend shells in my 1991 SBE. As you know that gun has a very tight bore and chokes with e.d.s of  .643 (SSX) and .656 (Hevi-13 Turkey choke) did best.

If you decide to go with the Pure Gold, I'd go with the .660 "Tempest" model.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

pdaugherty

The Mag-Blends should shoot good in that .670, friend of mine is shooting a JEBS .660 and loves it.

gobblingghost

I have a SBE but I shoot straight 7's

South_Ark_Hunter

I have the same gun and I am thinking about an Indian Creek 665.  I've always used a kicks 665 with good results but they don't recommend shooting the mag blend.  I have tried tighter chokes but gun seems to spray shot.

TheSportsman

I emailed Bill Davis at PG and he told me he recommend the 670 over the 660 PG for the MagBlends.  I believe I will give one a try after the season.  The Browning Gold Im hunting with shoots great so I will finish the season with it.  Heck, its getting to the point where I love messing with turkey guns just as much as chasing birds!  :toothy9: