OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

13 g/cc shot?

Started by Rockhound, March 23, 2013, 10:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anyone know how old hevishot I would have to be to be 13 g/cc?

Oconeeguy

bushwhacker

Hevi shot is 13g/cc hence the hevi 13. Federal hevi weight is 15g/cc is I remember correctly.

Rockhound

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 24, 2013, 10:27:49 AM
Hevi shot is 13g/cc hence the hevi 13. Federal hevi weight is 15g/cc is I remember correctly.

Hevishot is 12 g/cc they stopped using 13 gram shot several years ago. He I doesn't advertise this and are deceptive on the fact, but their shot is and has been for a long while 12 gram

surehuntsalot

Winchester EXRange is 12g/cc
Federal HW              is 15g/cc
Hevi13                     is 12g/cc
Remington HD          is 12g/cc
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

01Foreman400

Just got off the phone with a guy from Hevi-Shot and he said the Hevi-Shot turkey rounds made today are 13 cc/g.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

surehuntsalot

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 27, 2013, 07:27:46 PM
Just got off the phone with a guy from Hevi-Shot and he said the Hevi-Shot turkey rounds made today are 13 cc/g.

he lied
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

runngun

Yep, he lied!!! Or don't know what he is talking about......
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Rockhound

They get paid to lie....

01Foreman400

I was actually asking him about one of their other products and he just mentioned this as we were talking.

R AJ

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 28, 2013, 08:51:07 AM
I was actually asking him about one of their other products and he just mentioned this as we were talking.

Call him back and ask him to weigh 5 cc of shot , divide by 5 and e-mail the answer to you. I bet he will not respond. They had duck loads that were 12 g/cc. They finally quit coating their shot that gave it the extra g/cc but just didn't want to surrender the trade name  H-13.

In the past few years they have played bait and switch , ie. changed wads, filler, crimping problems, and that is just what I have seen. Some of the shell surgeons on here have reported all sorts of stuff.

They still show up for the NWTF still shooting championship in Edgefield,SC. and take the prize every year it seems.

01Foreman400

Talked to another guy today at Hevi-Shot and he said the same thing.  The turkey loads are 13 cc/g and the duck loads are 12 cc/g.

mudhen

I don't care if they are made of pixie fries, as long as they work like they do, I'm buying them!

The board & bird's head don't lie....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Sand Man

You tell 'em mudhen!   :you_rock:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

BINK McCARTY

ALL OF TODAYS HEVI-SHOT STRAIGHT SHOT SIZES ALONG W/ MAG-BLEND ARE ALL 13G/CC.