OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth call ?

Started by OLE RASPY, March 06, 2011, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

I just started using the meathod of soaking the mouth calls in mouth wash.After 13 years using a mouth call just now started to do this go figure never even thought of it till a buddy told me here while back.So ? is for the people that do this do yall just take em out the wash and let them air dry or rinse them off.Thanks

guesswho

I carry mine in a sealed container in a moutwash solution.  Take the cap off, grab a call and start calling, no drying or rinsing until I'm back home.  Then rinse them off and add mouthwash and put them up until the next hunt. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

OLE RASPY

Quote from: guesswho on March 06, 2011, 08:34:19 PM
I carry mine in a sealed container in a moutwash solution.  Take the cap off, grab a call and start calling, no drying or rinsing until I'm back home.  Then rinse them off and add mouthwash and put them up until the next hunt. 
What kind of container u use.

RutnNStrutn

Another thing I do is put a piece of toothpick between the reeds to hold them apart so they won't stick. The mouthwash solution works really well. Keeps it germ free and tasting good!

guesswho

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 06, 2011, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: guesswho on March 06, 2011, 08:34:19 PM
I carry mine in a sealed container in a moutwash solution.  Take the cap off, grab a call and start calling, no drying or rinsing until I'm back home.  Then rinse them off and add mouthwash and put them up until the next hunt.  
What kind of container u use.
I've had it for years.   My Wife used to buy some Vitamins that came in it.  I think it was MTD vitamins or something like that.  Anyway it's about the size of a Skoal can except it's glass and has a screw on top.  Works perfect for carrying calls.

I'd like to have a couple more but I can't find any.  If anyone knows where to get them let me know.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

boyhowdy

another thing somebody told me on here a few years ago, is to use Crest Pro Health mouth rise . I used to use Scope and if you don't dilute it it will eat the call up because of the alcohol in it. The Crest stuff is alcohol free and can be used straight from the bottle.

OLE RASPY

Well all i had was listerine.I work good i guess.Until i find the right container im not gonna worry to much about carrying them in mouth wash but that is a good idea.I got them in the fridge now.

Devastator

mouth call saver by roger raisch is all you will ever need for ever.you can find it on turkey hunting secrets.

TWOWITHONE

Been using Listerine for yrs. A friend of mine always got a sore throat just before spring gobbler season I told him why he always got that sore throat and he wised up. Now he doesn't get the sore throat before gobbler season.

kiddrock

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 06, 2011, 08:31:01 PM
I just started using the meathod of soaking the mouth calls in mouth wash.After 13 years using a mouth call just now started to do this go figure never even thought of it till a buddy told me here while back.So ? is for the people that do this do yall just take em out the wash and let them air dry or rinse them off.Thanks

Here is what i do.... If you can find them, get you some of the plastic containers that electrical tape comes in.   The lids snap shut, and there is enough room inthem to carry a ton of calls.   You cant pour the mouthwash directly in them, but get you some cosmetic sponges( i am sure if your wife dont have them you can them them at wally  world cheap)  pour the mouth wash on it just enough to get it wet, and it wont leak. 

As far as storage, when im not using mine, rinse them off real good with water, pat them dry with a paper towel, Put them back in the plastic container(minus the sponge and liquid), and put them in the freezer.

kiddrock 

OLE RASPY

Quote from: kiddrock on March 07, 2011, 06:40:01 AM
Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 06, 2011, 08:31:01 PM

Here is what i do.... If you can find them, get you some of the plastic containers that electrical tape comes in.   The lids snap shut, and there is enough room inthem to carry a ton of calls.   You cant pour the mouthwash directly in them, but get you some cosmetic sponges( i am sure if your wife dont have them you can them them at wally  world cheap)  pour the mouth wash on it just enough to get it wet, and it wont leak.  

As far as storage, when im not using mine, rinse them off real good with water, pat them dry with a paper towel, Put them back in the plastic container(minus the sponge and liquid), and put them in the freezer.

kiddrock  
Thanks for the info man.I have been wearing out that mouth call kyh5n1 :lol: :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

I would not recommend leaving your calls in a solution.. The same as when you run a call all day and it becomes saturated with saliva it becomes flat until it is allowed to dry out.. I would however swish in alcohol free mouth wash for a few seconds take out, rinse, leave dry and place in ventilated container in the fridge..

Whether you use a commercial call case, snuff can, bag etc make sure it is ventilated.. I lost a whole bag of calls after blowing one having condensation sealing a plastic bag and putting in fridge to mold.

savduck

I soak mine for about 5 mnutes in a solution of about 3 parts tap water, 1 part mouthwash, and 1 part peroxide. After that i pull them out and rinse them off under the sink, put a reed seperator in them and lay them out on a paper towel to dry. In about an hour they go back in the frig. i dilute the peroxide and mouth wash so that they dont react with the latex to badly.

Ive been pretty lucky. Getting three to four seasons out of some of my favorite mouth calls using this method. I try to make them last, cause right when you find the perfect one, they discontinue them.
Georgia Boy