OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First of the year for my little 20! - EDIT: Rolled another!

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 22, 2013, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 25, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
Quote from: Daman on March 25, 2013, 11:01:49 AM
Thanks guys. Saturday morning it got another in a double with my hunting partner. He was shooting his H&R Pardner with fixed MOD choke and HWT 6's and I was shooting the same combo above. He killed the first gobbler at 7 steps and I rolled the other after he hit bounced off a ways. I will say I am very impressed with the Hevi 6's cause I flat out shot that gobbler too far in the excitement and it rolled him.

Buddy's bird: 9" beard, 1.25" spurs, 18 pounds
Mine: 10.5" beard, 1.125" spurs, 19.5 pounds

boy ya'll must be covered up with birds
congrats on the double

Covered up in birds - I guess you could say that. We have a good population, but we hunt and trap predators and varmints year round. We don't have a lot of gobbling birds though...

The awesome thing about the bird my buddy killed is it was his first turkey hunt ever and he was carrying the shotgun his granddad bought him when he turned 1 year old. His granddad died when he was 4 so he doesn't have a lot of memories with him so for him to get his first turkey with that shotgun was special.

savduck

Georgia Boy

lowoctane

Thanks guys. Saturday morning it got another in a double with my hunting partner. He was shooting his H&R Pardner with fixed MOD choke and HWT 6's and I was shooting the same combo above. He killed the first gobbler at 7 steps and I rolled the other after he hit bounced off a ways. I will say I am very impressed with the Hevi 6's cause I flat out shot that gobbler too far in the excitement and it rolled him.

Some people are just pigs... :funnyturkey:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: lowoctane on March 27, 2013, 09:32:49 AM

Some people are just pigs... :funnyturkey:

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

I just hope I can pig out on nice dry spring mornings for my other 3 tags! I am going to try to take one with my 410 single shot, one with my 935 and one with the 10 gauge. That will be one for each turkey gun and one for first gun.