OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First of the year for my little 20! - EDIT: Rolled another!

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 22, 2013, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Well I broke the ice this morning with a Super Jake! I watched two of the strut and gobble in between 4 hens for 45 minutes this morning and as the rain started picking up I picked out the clear one and let him have it!

Remington 870 Express Magnum
21" Barrel
Sumtoy 562-5
Hevi 6's
18 yards
5" beard
15 pounds

And he made my heart race just as much as a Sag Daddy 12 incher!

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

savduck

Georgia Boy

CntrlPA

Awesome! Thats what its all about. Pictures??

lowoctane

:z-guntootsmiley:

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Bradley

:fud: :OGani:
Awsome, it's great when you can watch them for that long regardless of their size. I can't wait for our season to start.

albrubacker

Congrats!! I have a terrible itch to get a 20
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tom Foolery

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BrowningGuy88

Thanks guys. Saturday morning it got another in a double with my hunting partner. He was shooting his H&R Pardner with fixed MOD choke and HWT 6's and I was shooting the same combo above. He killed the first gobbler at 7 steps and I rolled the other after he hit bounced off a ways. I will say I am very impressed with the Hevi 6's cause I flat out shot that gobbler too far in the excitement and it rolled him.

Buddy's bird: 9" beard, 1.25" spurs, 18 pounds
Mine: 10.5" beard, 1.125" spurs, 19.5 pounds

crenshawco

BrowningGuy88

It has been some good hunts! I have been in birds all season and called in a lot. I hope to continue that streak this weekend and hopefully it will warm up and they will start gobbling so the real fun can start.

The 935 will be up to bat on Good Friday. It will be it's maiden voyage with me to the turkey woods.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Daman on March 25, 2013, 11:01:49 AM
Thanks guys. Saturday morning it got another in a double with my hunting partner. He was shooting his H&R Pardner with fixed MOD choke and HWT 6's and I was shooting the same combo above. He killed the first gobbler at 7 steps and I rolled the other after he hit bounced off a ways. I will say I am very impressed with the Hevi 6's cause I flat out shot that gobbler too far in the excitement and it rolled him.

Buddy's bird: 9" beard, 1.25" spurs, 18 pounds
Mine: 10.5" beard, 1.125" spurs, 19.5 pounds

boy ya'll must be covered up with birds
congrats on the double
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

remmy1187

Congrats on your birds Daman,  I am so jealous.   We still have over a month to go here in Pa for our season to start.