turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It is On like donkey kong!!!

Started by runngun, March 19, 2013, 09:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

I have shot NITRO'S in 12, 20 and 10 for along time maybe 15 years or so.
Man I shot my 10 yesterday, with Kicks choke and NITRO'S at confirmed 40 yards. This pattern is hard to believe!!! Wish I knew how to post pictures but I do not. Target, HS Strut 10X10 turkey target, POA was I put the front bead just below the head and Oh my God. 408 pellet hole on the paper which is good but get this, in a 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 square in the center of the paper which contains the upper head and neck there are 204 hits. This square just happens to be how the target was folded in the pack. This is way more than Nitro says you should get.
Before shooting I did polish my barrel and cleaned it up. I do not know what constriction this choke is maybe a 690. Don't know how many constrictions Kicks make for the 10.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

SKFOOTER

Nitro Blends or Straight 7's??  Through which gun??  The constriction size of that Kick's choke is stamped on the head of the choke.

runngun

Browning gold lite 10, Nitro's 2X5X7 it is a Kicks 695!!!

gobbler74

Quote from: runngun on March 19, 2013, 08:54:08 PM
Browning gold lite 10, Nitro's 2X5X7 it is a Kicks 695!!!
So you got 408 with 2x5x7's? That's best I've ever heard.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Old Gobbler

I have two of those chokes - I might try some shooting soon - even if it was straight #7's that's one heck of  pattern

let me know if you need help posting up pictures --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobbler74

Photobucket is gravy..I'd consider it. Auto resize if you want, one click copy to paste IMG code here.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Gamblinman

I'm ready to try this TruLock unported .680 and some Federal Heavyweight #7s..just need the weather to cooperate. Rain and snow this weekend..and time is running out.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

highwaygun

This kinda sounds like a fish story. By nitro website there is 303 #7 in a oz 134 #4 in a oz and 82 #2 in a oz. so if the shells had 1 oz of 7's 1 oz 4's and 1/2 oz of 2's that would be at total of 478 pellet with 408 in a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 square at 40yds. Sounds a lil far fetched for me to belive.

deadbuck

runngun

Well Hoss I will tell you this aint no FISH STORY!!!

highwaygun

my bad i miss read thought you said all 408 in the lil square didnt see the 204 part. them numbers sound about right. sorry again dude.

runngun

Apology accepted!!! I just downloaded photobucket and am going to try and get it to work.

Good Luck and God Bless
Ray