OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ok fine then...what are the best vests out there?? Recommendations?

Started by heathwesley, March 19, 2013, 12:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

What's the best vest??  Your favorite vest??  I would be looking for something lightweight and not bulky.  Also nothing over the top.  I have seen some that go overboard with the accessories. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Ol Tom Dura Lite Essentials Vest I will never own another vest..Midway USA was running a big sale on them if your looking to buy one.

cahaba

You pretty well described a Mossy Oak Limbhanger. I love mine. I equipped mine with a water bladder for use during Alabama's hot days. I also have a M.O. Elite III. If you hunt where your season don't experience a lot of hot weather it can't be beat IMO.

birdyhunter

Ol tom time and motion I beam vest is the most comfortable vest I've ever worn. Cant be beat imo.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

captpete

There are lots of options out there from the unexpensive to the top of the line models. Check out Bass Pro, Cabela's and any sporting goods stores websights to see what you like in options offered on the different vest. No one vest will do exactly what you want & there will probably even be a thing or two you don't care for in the vest that you decide to buy. The things I like in a vest may not be top priority or even something you want in your vest. IMO I think a person will try several vests before the actually decide what they want in options in the vest. Some people only need & want a few pockets, others want 100 pockets, some want an attatched seat, some want the seat to be detatchable,...etc. Like I said, lots of options and what fit my needs may not be anything close to to yours. What fits your needs in a vest may change after you use one for a while.

redarrow

Since I hunt with pot calls only I can get away with cargo pants. I do need a cushion to sit on though.So I usually wear my vest just for the seat.

STRYKER

I got my vest towards the end of the season last year so i didnt have a whole lot to choose from. I ended up going with the field and stream from dicks and other than being a little hot to wear its great. It has plenty of pockets and a nice thick butt pad, also the back is padded for leaning against the trees. I think i only paid around 50 bucks for it and am plenty happy with it.

dawgfrombama

Mossy Oak Super Elite 3.  Best vest I've owned.  I've had the current one since '06 and plan on using it till it falls apart.

Chris Downs

I've used a MO Super Elite and Super Elite III for several years.  Always given me every thing I could ask for.  Plenty of pockets and well placed, but not over the top with stuff you don't need.  I found a good deal on a MO Limbhanger recently and will be giving it a run this season.  This will be my first strap vest in many years, but it looks well thought out and has everything you need right in front, so you don't have to go digging through inside pockets looking for stuff.  It also has fewer pockets than a lot of others on the market, so you won't be packing alot of "extra" stuff that you don't really need anyway. 

Gooserbat

Mosst oak super elite, Ol' Tom, I've heard good about the Cabelas Tatical Tater but I've never used one, and I have a Natgear vest on order right now, so I'll see how I like it.   One thing for myself is I like a full vest not a strap style, but that's just a personal thing.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gumby

Russell Super Elite III...best vest I have ever owned hands down.

Hankyorke

I really like the Ol Tom Essential vest. Light, adjustable and it "limits" the amount of crap I haul around. My only gripe is the box call slot is too tight for my box.

longspur

I think it was in 2002 I bought a cabelas couch potato and I still use it when I need a vest. I usually use cargo pants and carry a cushion. It is one heavy vest.

TN Beard Buster

Don't overlook the tactical tat'r II from Cabela's. It's a little pricey,but comfortable. Also, if you want to try a vest and not spend a lot of money, try the one that Wal Mart is carrying for $40.00. Seem to be a a well laid out vest at an inexpensive price. Seem to have a decent cushion also>