turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS 9 handloads illegal in many states?

Started by ahfox16, March 17, 2013, 05:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

I was looking at heading for Nebraska and see nothing smaller then size 7 can be used.  I am therefore assuming 9 tT can't be used in those states as well as others (not in Virginia my home state either).  Are some of these loads being put together put together for other reason's besides hunting.  Just curious.  FWIW, I shot blends in Maine two years ago and  was told straight 7's were illegal, but blends were ok.  Lots of rules out there.

gophert

You definitely need to check your state regulations on size of shot.  However, I can't imagine there are too many wardens out there cutting open shells and measuring shot. 

turkey_slayer

Yes you can use em in Va. You cant use any shot larger than #2

albrubacker

Delaware 7 or 7 1/2 can be used but has to be mixed with 6, 5, or 4. Nothing bigger then 4
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Onpoint

Ok... Load up your TSS 9's and throw a couple 6's in there and you should be legal.

WyoHunter

I doubt a game warden would check your shells. Like has been said before "whose going to cut open a shell to check it".
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey_slayer

Quote from: WyoHunter on March 18, 2013, 01:47:15 AM
I doubt a game warden would check your shells. Like has been said before "whose going to cut open a shell to check it".

I would say sir your about to cut open a $8 shell would you mind reimbursing me before you do that. He would prob change his mind then lol

n2deer

I have heard of them cutting a shell open before. But I bet its very unlikely.