turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MS report 3/15

Started by northms, March 15, 2013, 12:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

My brother went hunting this morning in north ms and didn't hear or see anything. I know the turkeys are there, he just struck out today though.  Hope some of yall had more luck further south.

I'll be bringing in the heavy artillery (me) tomorrow to try and give one a head ache.   :OGturkeyhead:

Any one else have a report?

Gobblestik

didn't see a track or hear a peep! Hope others had better luck than me!

honker22

Heard one gobble at me hoot once. Called in 2 silent jakes at 1045. That was all.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

BrowningGuy88

I am about 5 miles over the line here in bama.

Called in 4 long beards this morning, but they came in to my hard right and a bush was between me and them. My granddad could see the show, but wouldn't shoot across me to get one thankfully...

About to eat lunch and go hammer one since they have left the hens.

Oh and only one Jake gobbled once.

TheSportsman

North MS, Panola County- heard 1 bird at daylight, gobbled 1 time.  About 815 one cranked up and gobbled about 8 times and that was it...  Reports Im getting(myself and about 4 of my buddies hunting North MS) is all the same, either a gobble or two here and there, or absolutely nothing.  Try a new farm in Benton county tom.... report back.

trippsims

Hunted this morning and heard 2-3 couldn't quite tell on one because of distance. They gobbled good on the limb and then hens started yelping and that was the last peep of turkey I heard all day! But, that's a step up from what has been happening, we're headed in the right direction!

Big Timber

I hunted Lafayette Co. this morning and I just got out of the woods and I hadn't heard or seen anything, and I covered alot of ground!!!

smitty1hunter

I hunted in SW MS yestreday AM and last week on a youth hunt. Heard one yesterday gobble at an owl and one last week gobbled at me three times when the clouds broke for about five min. and then went silent. Have a couple friends hunting today, I had to work, and one heard nothing and the other heard five on the roost then quiet after flydown. My opinion is that it's a tad early but it can def. be done right now. A few of the ones that I know killed said they came in quiet.

Thicketmaster

Benton co heard 7 gobbling till 8:30 then all quiet

Hooksnhorns

I haven't heard a gobble in Smith county. I called in three silent gobblers yesterday evenin I signaled to my stepdad that they were to the left of us, he was to my right. He moved at the wrong time and well, you know the rest of the story...
Don't Tread On Me

cajunhunter

Franklin county heard nothing. Had about 10-15 hens around me in the field feeding.

surehuntsalot

friday am....nothing
saturday am...no birds......gun fight with a pack of coyotes coming out of the woods...they lost 3
sunday am ....heard 5 different birds,put one in my partners lap,but he couldn't get a clear shot
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hooksfan

Hope none of you hands got caught in the baseball sized hail around the Hinds county/Clinton area today.  My aunt had the windshield and sun roof busted out of her car and the typical hail damage on the rest of it.
I got caught out in some golf ball sized stuff one time and it warn't fun.