Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got my 2012 double beard back and some new calls!!

Started by longbeard11, March 15, 2013, 08:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Got my double beard gobbler back from the taxidermist that i killed in VA last season.  Got him in the half strut like he came in on video, it turned out so much better than expected.  Chad Cole did an awesome job once again for me.  He has now done 4 deer, 2 turkeys and a full size bear for me and all have been great!! Did the freeze dried head again on this bird and there is no other way to go, man it looks beautiful, hope you all enjoy the pics, but they really dont do him justice, lighting in my trophy room isnt the best for pics.

Also got a couple of calls from our sponsor Twisted Ridge Custom Calls.  Cant wait to use these this spring!! Mine is blasted glass surface and Kayla's is Ceramic surface (which sounds awesome, ill probably use it most!)
These are our official calls for the 2013 season, heading back to VA April 19-20th, cant come soon enough!!

captin_hook

kansas hooks

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

870FaceLift

Pass it on...

longbeard11

Thanks guys!!! Im very happy with the way he turned out!! I got him coming in on video looking almost just like that so I am really happy with the way he looks, beautiful.  Probably my last mount for awhile until me or my wife kill a 150 inch buck or better or go out west and kill a really pretty merriams bird. 

Cant wait to go back to VA on the 19th-20th and chase em around again this year, what a blast we had last year!

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

tomstopper

slamman

nice bird mount.  did Harry do the head?  what are the birds stats?

longbeard11

Quote from: slamman on March 16, 2013, 12:22:58 PM
nice bird mount.  did Harry do the head?  what are the birds stats?

Thanks for all the comments guys.  I really appreciate it.  It was a very special hunt for me, first bird taken with my dad, first out of state bird, first one on film, and first double beard.  I had to get him mounted, and now i love walking through the house and looking at him every day.

This mount was done by Chad Cole, of Coles Wildlife here in Elkview, WV.  He does freeze dried heads and man they are the only way to go. 

The bird had a 10 inch main beard, and 7 inch second beard, a little over an inch on the spurs and weighed 21 pounds.  Awesome bird and Im still very proud of him.