OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for 10 ga. Supreme #6s

Started by nbkillr, March 14, 2013, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbkillr

All I can find is #5s and #4s.  Did Winchester quit making them in #6s?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Rockhound

budtripp

I know where theres several boxes of xx 6's

presdme

Good luck finding them and if you do please let me know. My H&R loves them and I only have 4 more of them. I tried xx 6s and they are not even in the same ballpark ??? I am going to try some federals soon. I willlet you know how they do.

nbkillr

I know the feeling, I have less than a box left.  I have been looking every where I can for them. Looks like I am SOL.   

M R Ducks

Best option is upgrade to heviweights or hevi shot, but again smaller than 5 is hard to find.  OG posted a link to one place that still had 7's in federal heviweights, believe they were 30 a box of 5.  Figuring that once they were gone they were gone forever, I went with Nitros so I can repeat what I shoot.

I bought 4 boxes of federal high velocity 5's from Rodgers with the old wad.  They are on sale for 6.99 a box.

Ducks

SKFOOTER

Bass Pro Shops has plenty of the 10 gauge Federal HW 7's.

M R Ducks

Buy them all before they are gone forever.

Rockhound

Quote from: M R Ducks on March 16, 2013, 06:51:09 AM
Buy them all before they are gone forever.

They haven't discontinued them yet?

presdme

I wanted to try the heavys but I have a kicks goblin thunder 680 and kicks says not to  use it. So to be safe I am sticking with lead till I run out only 4 left. Then I am going to try some federal 6s lead or winchester supreme 5s. Only time will tell who knows I might get 5 or 6 years out of them 4 shells :( :(

M R Ducks

I don't know if they have been discontinued, but when the price goes up on a shell and not others, I get suspicious.

highwaygun

My local shop had the HW #7 for 22.99 a box. I bought 3 and they said they could get me all I wanted at that price

Rockhound

Quote from: highwaygun on March 16, 2013, 04:57:09 PM
My local shop had the HW #7 for 22.99 a box. I bought 3 and they said they could get me all I wanted at that price

Please give me their number!

SKFOOTER

Quote from: highwaygun on March 16, 2013, 04:57:09 PM
That can't be the 10 gauge loads???

highwaygun

Dnw outdoors jonesboro arkansas and yes they were 10 ga 2oz #7 HW