OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Thug Success???

Started by lowoctane, March 14, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:blob10:
Anyone with any experience with the Turkey Thugs using the Remmy 870 Compact/21"? Really don't want to spend the money for HTL... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

R AJ

Guys need to know a choke to even think about an appropriate answer.

5s-6s, 3",3.5? Little help here.

lowoctane

Well, want to shoot the 20ga in either 5's or sixes and curious what's out there being used with success.
Time is against me as a health issue is keeping me indoors and hoping y'all with good legs can tell me what's working... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

redowl

I got a 20 gauge 500 mossberg 26 inch barrel. im no expert on 20 gauges but have shot a lot of 12 lead.Im using an undertaker choke and those cheap remington nitros 5s i swear they shoot good out of everything i used them in.i got 89@ measured 38 yards  in a 8x11 turkey target.i think thats pretty  good for lead 5s.didnt shoot 6s very good at all.

youngun15

Shot the 6s out of my youth 1187 with a 660 tightwad choke. Very pleased. This is my second choice behind my hevi13 7's.

Michigander

I haven't seen any body say anything about the 20 ga Thugs. I've only seen them in #5's, not sure if they make them in #6's. I will shoot some when I get a chance, but Sumtoy has my barrel right now.