OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striking out Sunday

Started by irishff727, March 11, 2013, 07:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

Went out to some public land Sunday. The time change threw me off so I was an hour earlier than I needed to be. So we set up an took a lil cat nap heard the first owl hoot and not even 5 mins later the first gobbler sounds off. Have him a cluck or two and left it at that. We heard about 4 or 5 gobblers in the first hour. Didn't do a ton of calling just a cluck here an there. Finally after not seeing anything but just hearing gobbles I gave a good yelp and threw a few clucks in. Finally we see a Tom just at the tress edge of where we were set up. Maybe 75 yards. We watched and waited but he never made it in range. We could hear hens behind us and I mean way behind us. After 10 we made the choice to move to another spot. Slowly got there and set up and threw out a nice loud yelp with a cluck and get a instant gobble almost like it was on top of us.my buddy can throw out some sweet purrs with his slate so he does so and finished out with a cluck we hear a gobble that sounds like he is on top of us. Turn as slow as I possibly can and make almost a full rotation before I spot him close enough to make out and he splits just as fast. All in all I am happy. Got a lot of good activity just need to set up a lol differently. Did some scouting to try and figure out some better hiding spots with better fields of view. Hopefully come Wednesday I can get a bird.

tomstopper

Good luck. Hope to see pics soon of you kneeling next to him....

irishff727

Muzzy61

Good luck, Starts this coming sat. for me. Can't wait.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

kansas hooks

Good luck and stay with it and you will get him

irishff727

Yea just sadly so hard for me to get it with work and my wife being so busy. Gonn have to plan better for next year