OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you do this trade?

Started by the Ward, March 10, 2013, 08:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

A friend of my buddy has a sp10 like new only shot 5 times wants to trade for my rem 700 s/s 375 ultra mag.Would this be a fair trade?The rifle has appx. a box of shells thru it and i haven't shot it since 08.I would love to have a 10 again (had a bps back in early 90's)but i don't know what a sp10 is worth?He said he would take $700 cash for it with 5 or 6 boxs of shells with it.Love my rifle but i live in Ohio and don't get much use out of it unless i hunt out of state(pa)So my question is is an sp10 in like new condition worth $700?From what he told me its one of the first ones made(low serial #)Thanks for any input!....ward

BrowningGuy88

If it is truly LNIB, then I would buy it or swap immediately. They run from $750 to $1200 on gunbroker usually.

M R Ducks

No brainer, make the trade, or pay him the money.  Either way you are ahead.

Ducks

Old Gobbler

offer him  $600 for his sp10 , see if he takes it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

the Ward

Thanks for the input guys!I'm meeting with him this weekend coming and going to look it over.I mite try the $600 offer suggestion and see what happens.Kinda would like to hang onto the rifle but i would get a heck of a lot more use with the 10!I guess i will play it by ear and see what happens.Thanks again everyone!

4nolz2

Offer him 6 $100 bills show him the cash

Mike Honcho

In Kansas and Nebraska I usually see used SP 10's no lower than $ 850 for a decent one.

4nolz2

slightly off topic-what is the "going rate" for sp-10 barrels?

10ga.Trauma

I've got a hydro dipped real tree 26 inch barrel with a pattern master I'd sell you. Message me if your interested

Old Gobbler

Quote from: 4nolz2 on March 13, 2013, 01:58:54 PM
slightly off topic-what is the "going rate" for sp-10 barrels?
$300 and up seems to be the going rate
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

4nolz2

budtripp

Since the rifle is a 375 ultra mag and guessing you probably don't hunt grizzly bears or cape buffalo on a yearly basis, I'd do it. But only if he wouldn't bite on the $600 cash offer.