OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bearded Hens?

Started by cajunhunter, March 09, 2013, 11:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunhunter

I guess these are bearded hens?

longspur

AUDoubleBeard

JLeòdhas

Got a bearded hen hanging around where I work at and she has about 20 friends.
Jason Leòdhas

redarrow

Never seen bearded hens with beards that long. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

mudhen

With the aid of binocs, I see 1-4 bearded ladies each season.  Many look exactly line the one in the pic, long and thin...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

tomstopper

They sure look like bearded hens. Thats a nice looking bunch of breeders..... Hopefully the gobblers will follow them right to ya......

cajunhunter

Yea,Hens don't seem to be the issue.  I have at least one group with about 30 but I don't have any long beard Toms just these pretenders.

redarrow

Rosie and Ellen come to mind. ;)

runngun

If a Gobbler breeds or attempts to breed a bearded hen does that mean he is gay or at least has homosexual tendacies???     
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

tomstopper

firstflight111

BEARDED HEN ARE GREAT .I SHOT MY FIRST ONE 3 YEARS AGO TRIPPLE BEARDED TOTAL OF ALL 3 WAS 17 3/4 IN her longest was 10 ins 2ND was 4 ins 3 was 3 3/4 in

not that i am a hen killer just couldn't pass up one with 3 beards
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

redarrow

Dang. that girl had some whiskers. You sure you measured right > That longest one looks to be at least 15 inches by itself. WOW.

Wingbone

Wow! That gene seems to be common in your flock. I've seen three in my life, and killed 2 of them. Not a hen killer, but both snuck up on me and all I saw was the beard swinging. Didn't even realize that they were hens till after I pulled the trigger. Those 2 incidents were about 15 years apart.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

firstflight111

I wish it was 15 but it was just 10 in
CUPPED AND COMMITTED