turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro Company

Started by Balla1982, March 09, 2013, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balla1982

I never realized how much science was involved into patterning your shotgun and I feel like I'm in kindergarten again. (And I thought I was a pro)
Has anyone ever tried the combos recommended on their site and had similar results?

USMC0331

They are great in my shotgun and I get the pellet count that their site says I should receive. The patterns are generally really tight so you have little margin of error when you pull the trigger, however if you do your part correctly whatever is on the receiving end of that load is absolutely destroyed.

Balla1982

Are their posted results from their own blends such as the Mega weight?

I saw they also posted results from the HV but their prices seem a little high so I figured they were their own blend.

USMC0331

Not sure but if you call them they are more than helpful.

chrmayo

Everything on their page is there loads. The megas are little heavier than the hevis. My dads 835 loves the megas
-MAYO-

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Lot of us here shoot nitros

They ain't no joke, especially out of a gun that has had work done on it (I.e. Polished bore, forcing cone lengthened, etc).

Love nitro h13 and megaweight out of my browning. Have been extremely impressed with it out of my brothers guns, as well.

Britton40

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 09, 2013, 09:44:17 AM
They are great in my shotgun and I get the pellet count that their site says I should receive. The patterns are generally really tight so you have little margin of error when you pull the trigger, however if you do your part correctly whatever is on the receiving end of that load is absolutely destroyed.

x2. They are tight. I changed from a JH 670 to a PG 675 in my Browning Silver. The pattern was softball size at 35 yards and under.

Borden811

A softball size pattern at 35 yards? You have any pics of that?

land cruiser

I use them for turkey exclusively. Can't say enough good things.

01Foreman400

Nitro ammo is some wicked stuff.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Britton40

Quote from: Borden811 on March 10, 2013, 12:28:07 AM

Balla1982

Quote from: Britton40 on March 10, 2013, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: Borden811 on March 10, 2013, 12:28:07 AM

Did you send them your gun or just order the loads they recommended for your gun?

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I consulted with them about my set-up and desired performance.

For example, right now I have 10 mega-weight straight 6s coming. 5 in the 2.25 ounce load and 5 in the 2 7/16 ounce load. I'll order 25 of whichever load patterns in the 220-240 range.

01Foreman400

Here is my target I just shot using my SBE 2 24" shooting Nitro 2 7/16 oz. #7's at a taped 40 yards. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Britton40

Quote from: Balla1982 on March 10, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Did you send them your gun or just order the loads they recommended for your gun?

Ordered loads they recommended, used the choke they recommended, and polished the barrel.