OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need a little help

Started by savduck, March 07, 2013, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Got a brother n law that a special forces ranger. He got hurt on his last deployment and is in the process of rehabilitation due to combat injuries. He will probably be med boarded in the future. He loves turkey hunting since I got him into it, but hasn't been able to go the last few seasons. He has finally been given the medical clearance that he thinks he can start shooting and going this season. He is all fired up, which is good, he has some PTSD. We got him a gun last year, but he doesn't have any camo, vest, calls, snake boots, etc. he told me tonight he wants to go to Bass Pro and stock up next weekend. I know from talking to my sister they stay on a tight budget.

I'm not looking for any handouts. What I'm after is if anyone has found any killer deals on anything. I'd like to be able to outfit him as cost effective as possible. I see some deals on wing supply...just looking for some more.
Georgia Boy

BrowningGuy88

What size does he wear? I am headed down this weekend to look around at some sporting goods places.

savduck

He is an XL shirt, 34/34 pants, shoe size 10.5
Georgia Boy

TN Beard Buster

I know you said you are not looking for hand outs, but reading you post, I told my wife that God puts things in front of us to see what we'll do with it! The sizes you posted are the same as mine! If you don't mind some used items, just PM me your address and I would love to hook you up!

redarrow

Midway or Midwest is clearing out a bunch or Russell clothing.Walmart has a clearance going on too. I will check my local Wal Mart this wknd. Wings supply too.

agturkey

Post your address or text me address ill send some stuff your way!

savduck

My address is

Del Crow
6 Dresler Rd
Rincon, GA 31326

912-660-9104

This is going to make his day knowing some of you guys are doing this for him. He has been on 13 deployments, a POW for a day, and received a silver star for some actions from his last deployment. I guided him to his first gobbler before his last deployment and all he has talked about the last two seasons is going with me again. He sustained some injuries that he has been battling the last year and a half and has been unable. My sister says he has really good days when we talk turkey. I plan on filming him shoot one this year. I'll make sure I post it on here.
Georgia Boy

agturkey

I'll send what I can round up all of us have more than we really need!  Glad to help.

savduck

I'm going to surprise him with a pot call and trumpet myself.
Georgia Boy

redarrow

Hey DEl,you forgot the zip code.

savduck

Georgia Boy

mudhen

Please provide a complete shipping address + a phone # so UPS Ground will guarantee delivery, and I've got a lightly used Tactical Tat'r Vest in XL that will be on the way to you shortly.

You can PM me the phone #....

I absolutely detest selling stuff cheap on E-Bay if someone else needs/wants it  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

drenalinld

I will send a few things!

agturkey

Best part bout boots is they are broke in :z-guntootsmiley:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Del,
I've got several extra vests and pot calls he can have.

I'd rather see it go to a cause like this than sit and collect dust.