OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 3/7/2013

Started by Roostem33, March 06, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

Taken from Bulloch sportsmen devotional

Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Chapter 4 from Ephesians gives us a clear guide on how to speak, act, and grow spiritually as the Body of Christ. Verse 29 has always been especially challenging for me.  Many times I, and men in general, find it easier to talk about sports, our kids, or the weather, than to focus our communication on our faith.  Chapter 4 shows us the goal in Christian communication is not only that we speak truthfully (v.25), but also bring encouragement based on what the needs of the other person are. This means that every time we speak, we have the opportunity to encourage. With just a few moments of our time and very little effort, we have the opportunity to brighten someone's day, to ease their burden, and to draw them closer to God. This opportunity must not be taken lightly; But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken" (Matthew 12:36).

Before we talk, we must listen carefully. What is the real question? What are the real needs?

"He who answers before listening - that is his folly and his shame" (Proverbs 18:13).

We may only be given the opportunity to speak a few words, but we can make every effort to use our words wisely;

"The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil" (Proverbs 15:28).

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

This was pointed out to me yesterday by someone else, time to listen and act accordingly. Thanks Jody
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Duke0002

Thanks, Jody.  A great reminder that we should listen and weigh our words carefully.   :jesus-cross:

BOFF

Thank you Jody!!

A great reminder, of how powerful the tongue may be used, for encouragement or destruction.

Have a great week!!

God Bless,
David B.