turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

super elite 111 or ol tom i beam?

Started by fountain2, March 06, 2013, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

Which do most prefer?   I may look into getting a new vest this season.  My buddy ordered a ol tom the other day and it will be in first of next week then i can check it out.
Which one and y u like it?

mozart_hunter

I personally like the super elite 3 vest I have had a similar ol Tom vest in the past and I just like the way the se3 fits with the mesh vest material instead of the almost backpack type staps of the ol Tom.

ziggy

super elite 3.  plenty of support, thick pad, and more pockets then you know what to do with.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

dawgfrombama

Super Elite 3. Best vest on the market.

harleytom

OL Tom .  Great storage and back padding makes long sits almost pleasant.

AUDoubleBeard

mudhen

Quote from: AUDoubleBeard on March 06, 2013, 11:11:01 PM
Super Elite III hands down.

What he said  :)

No brainer.  Buddy tossed his OT vest in the trash last year, staps drove him nuts.

Check out Wing Supply to see what they have left on the SE III, I just got a Trek-Lite one for $31, but they only have so many patterns and sizes left...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

PALongspur

I love my Super Elite III, its the only vest I've hunted in that I'm not constantly thinking of things I would change.

I tried an Ol Tom vest on at a store once and the pocket layout just didnt seem very user friendly to me.

savduck

I prefer strap vest, so I'd say neither, but out of the two the super elite to me is a better built vest. I liked all my old super elites. They are built tougher than an OL Tom. You rip that OL Tom to shreads in our woods.
Georgia Boy

headbanger

I have been using the ol tom for a couple of years but picked up a super elite III from wing supply around Christmas. My gear has been moved from the ol tom to super elite for this season. My son has been handed down the ol tom. Super elite III hands down!

cuttinAR

Does anyone sell the Super Elite III still? 

cuttinAR

Is the hybrid the same thing as the regular one, just with removable sleeves?  Same pockets and other features?

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: cuttinAR on March 07, 2013, 11:31:40 AM
Is the hybrid the same thing as the regular one, just with removable sleeves?  Same pockets and other features?
Yes I have the hybrid vest, and its nice for those cool morning! The best thing is when it warms up you can loose the sleeves.  :icon_thumright:

cuttinAR

Thanks just got one from wing supply in M/L.  Don't really care for the sleeves so hopefully the zippers don't get in the way.

With my luck mossy oak will have somebody making the super elites and limbhangers next week.  Oh well can't beat the price I got it for!  Thank y'all for the info.