OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hurt Foot

Started by Preacher, March 05, 2013, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

The Doctor said its called Plantar Fasciitis, old folks called it Heel spurs,  either way it hurts bad.   It often effects folks on there feet a lot,  nurse, mail-carriers,and many others.   Any way , let me tell you it hurts bad,  especially in the morning after the big tendon in your foot( Plantar Tendon) has tighten up while you sleep .    I have me some prescription in souls,   but can any one help me with boot suggestions or other tips.

ps    I got kicked off the Pantar Fasciitis message board ,  when I told them I was a HUNTER ,  ,  bunch of bunny huggers.
Romans 8:37

mossyoakpro

They make a sneaker especially for that condition....I cant remember the name of them to save my life but they worked like a champ. I have had no more issues since I wore them a while. Do a google search for "Plantar Fascitis" shoes....that is how I found them.

Sent from my 8 point bonus bird picture taking device

Phillippians 4:13

redarrow

Check out the Sportsmans Guide.   www.sportsmansguide.com  Item number  B3X-201750  2 pc. Plantar Fasciitis Relief System.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

goldenhunter

I had it once. It felt like a rock in your shoe right on your heel. Mostly it can be treated with stretches and exercises that you can do. Before you hop out of bed in the morning, pull your toes up toward your knee cap as far as you can. Do this several times while you are still laying down before you put weight on it. You can also freeze a bottle of water, put bottle on floor, and roll it with your foot, letting the bottle massage the bottom of your foot. Do a google search. There's lots of info on the web. I put some heel supports in my shoes for several months until the inflammation went away. I didn't need to buy special shoes.

Tomspur

I had the same condition about a year ago. Went to the dr. and she gave me three exercises to do three times a day. Stand on a step and lift your foot and hold it for three minutes. Next, lower your foot and hold that for three minutes, and last, put both hands on a wall, facing the wall,  move your hurt foot behind you and stretch it for three minutes. I did these three exercises for three months,  daily and diligently and it was gone.
I run three miles a day with no pain in my foot. The key was holding those exercises for  three minutes each. Its tough but it was well worth it. That foot of mine hurt like crazy. Good luck.

SKFOOTER

I thought that I had plantar fasciitis because of the pain in my left heel, but it does not occur when I first get out of bed each morning.  It occurs after I get home from work each day and sit in my recliner for a couple of hours.  Then when I get up its all I can do to put any weight at all on that heel til I can walk the pain off.  Anyone have any ideas??

30_06

Had a doctor tell me to take a coke can put it on the floor, step on the can and roll it back and forth all along the arch with pressure.
It worked, I looked funny, but it worked.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 06, 2013, 10:05:47 AM
I thought that I had plantar fasciitis because of the pain in my left heel, but it does not occur when I first get out of bed each morning.  It occurs after I get home from work each day and sit in my recliner for a couple of hours.  Then when I get up its all I can do to put any weight at all on that heel til I can walk the pain off.  Anyone have any ideas??

You could have a heel spur. If they take an X-Ray it will show up.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

runngun

Crocs helped me and a pair of "Go Run" Aiasics tennis shoes, even tho I aint running no where!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 06, 2013, 08:27:35 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 06, 2013, 10:05:47 AM

You could have a heel spur. If they take an X-Ray it will show up.

TRKYHTR
I considered a heel spur but the discomfort is only there after I sit in my recliner for an extended period of time and then get up to walk.  I would think a heel spur would cause pain more often.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Preacher on March 05, 2013, 10:45:24 PM
The Doctor said its called Plantar Fasciitis, old folks called it Heel spurs,  either way it hurts bad.   It often effects folks on there feet a lot,  nurse, mail-carriers,and many others.   Any way , let me tell you it hurts bad,  especially in the morning after the big tendon in your foot( Plantar Tendon) has tighten up while you sleep .    I have me some prescription in souls,   but can any one help me with boot suggestions or other tips.

ps    I got kicked off the Pantar Fasciitis message board ,  when I told them I was a HUNTER ,  ,  bunch of bunny huggers.
I say the best thing for it is to pee on it. I heard that works wonders. Let us know how it works.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

Preacher

Joe you are thinking of my other home remidei for sprang ankle:  make a paste of red dirt , dirt dabber nest, col-oil, and just a little tee-tee form a pregant black woman who has never seen her father.   

You folks form out west are always getting stuff mixed-up.
Romans 8:37

redarrow

That sounds like some of that swamp Voo Doo.Ol Marie LeBeau fix you up. :TooFunny:

wisconsinteacher

I have it also and my Dr. had me get this boot thing that i wear to bed.  It hold the foot at a 90 degree angle while you sleep.  When you get up and stand on it the pain is a lot less then the foot that did not have the boot on.  It takes a few nights to get a feeling for it but it does help.  They make a sock that does the same thing also.  Stretching helps a lot also.