OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

For The Florida Members!

Started by guesswho, March 05, 2013, 06:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Do any of you remember this magazine?  It was my favorite.  I'd be in the tent with my Mom and Dad and look at these thing for hours back in the day.  The oldest I have is from 1973.  I have about 30 from 73 to 79.  They had some amazing pictures in them and the covers were usually pretty good also.  The first one I just looked in had an interesting article and even a picture of a well know turkey slayer.  I wish I could share the whole lot, I'm sure some of you would enjoy them.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

MiamiE

Old Gobbler

Good post !!!!  Ben Lee was a amazingly good turkey hunter and a straight up KILLER
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

guesswho

And advertising was non existent in them. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Shotgun

swamp_bird89

My grandfather has a few of those, I've seen a couple of those covers. Thanks for posting.

TURKEYWHACKER

Ah memories. As a kid I used to ride my bike to the public library to read Florida Wildlife. They were not available for check out so I would grab one and read it cover to cover. I remember first seeing Ben Lee in an Amacker treestand ad. When I finally met him he was almost impossible to recognize after dropping all the weight.

RutnNStrutn

Before my time. You must be REALLY OLD there Guess Who!!! :D

guesswho

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 06, 2013, 10:38:57 PM
Before my time. You must be REALLY OLD there Guess Who!!! :D
Once you reach a certain age you can't remember that your old so it doesn't matter.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Stoner

I remember those well. I grew up looking at them back in the 60's and 70's.

RutnNStrutn

Did they later change the name of that magazine to Florida Game & Fish magazine?

TURKEYWHACKER

Don't think so Rut. I believe the old Florida Wildlife was published by the FFWCC, now known as the FWC. Florida Game and Fish is part of a multi-state magazine group.

totallycluckedup

Pretty sure I wasn't old enough to read back then, but I think I do remember seeing those... maybe my old man put em' in my crib.  haha :TooFunny:

wvboy

So I am guessing that they ran bear with dogs in Florida at one time.. interesting.. I see that the entire state is now closed to Bear Hunting..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

birdyhunter

Not old enough to remember these but I would love to have some of the artwork to frame!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2