OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New guy here...

Started by Steve, March 05, 2013, 08:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself on the Old Gobbler Forum. My name is obviously Steve. I'm very active in the outdoors including turkey hunting, waterfowling, trapping, predator hunting, backpacking, peakbagging the ADK 46, sea kayaking, fishing, training our new duck dog "Maxx", etc. etc. When I'm not doing any of that fun stuff I'm busy making calls. I own and operate North Bay Game Calls. I've been turning calls out for 7 plus years now...turkey calls, duck, goose, predator and the occasional deer grunt or crow call. I'm not going to post anything for sale on here for a while; I'd like to get a bit more active on the forum before I start trying to sell stuff.

Honestly, I thought to myself the other day – I'm active on a few different boards that relate to all of my interests, but I wasn't on any specifically geared towards turkey hunting. That's when I found this site. I read up on the rules and policies and this looks to be just what I was looking for.

I hunt turkeys mainly in PA and NY, but I'm planning to add Virginia to the list next month as well. I've harvested a few birds here and there, but I don't generally talk numbers, that's not what is important to me. I just love to getting out there and enjoying myself. Heck, that's why I started making calls in the first place. I've met a lot of great guys in the process and have become really good friends and shared some good hunts with some of them. I generally hunt solo, but I'm always open to hunting with other people as well, especially in unfamiliar territory.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'll be popping up in posts and making some of my own on here. I'll try to keep my twisted sense of humor to myself until everybody gets to know me better.

Steve

PS...holy crap that's a lot of smilies!!

JVA54

reflexl

Welcome! great bunch of guys and gals here. reflexl

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

TURKEYWHACKER

longspur

Ded Goblr

Welcome Steve. No better place to be than on Old Gobbler!!
:welcomeOG:

kansas hooks

Welcome from Kansas.  You will enjoy this site. :funnyturkey:

captin_hook

:welcomeOG: PA turkey hunter here too.

hookedspur

Welcome aboard Steve I think you will like it here ....from Steve
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

lonnie sneed jr.

custom12