OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You know your a turkey hunter when???

Started by I hate turkeys, March 04, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

CT Spur Collector

When you darn near wear out your DVD player and all you DVDs over the winter.

Wife just can't understand how I can sit for hours and watch hunts, she just don't get it.

:fud: :newmascot:

birdyhunter

When your 18 month old little boy knows how to owl hoot, work a box call, recognizes a turkey gobble and gets excited and can spot a turkey just as fast as I can when scouting. He owns all the same camo as daddy tells me to be quiet while watching turkeys.. That's when your a turkey addict lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

tomstopper

Quote from: birdyhunter on March 09, 2013, 10:30:22 AM
When your 18 month old little boy knows how to owl hoot, work a box call, recognizes a turkey gobble and gets excited and can spot a turkey just as fast as I can when scouting. He owns all the same camo as daddy tells me to be quiet while watching turkeys.. That's when your a turkey addict lol.

Wow that is impressive. My daughter was 4 when I showed her my old slate calls & how to use it. People thought it was ridiculous that she could tell you what a box, slate, crow, & owl calls were and how to use them. When she is 6 I hope to take her out with me (she doesn't have the patience to sit with me right now). Looks like your little one will be ready much sooner........Awesome....

birdyhunter

Quote from: tomstopper on March 09, 2013, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: birdyhunter on March 09, 2013, 10:30:22 AM

Wow that is impressive. My daughter was 4 when I showed her my old slate calls & how to use it. People thought it was ridiculous that she could tell you what a box, slate, crow, & owl calls were and how to use them. When she is 6 I hope to take her out with me (she doesn't have the patience to sit with me right now). Looks like your little one will be ready much sooner........Awesome....
well through no doing of my own he has advanced insanely fast. Not sure where he got his intelligence but it is unbelievable the things he can do at his age. I have however had him in the woods since he was born. Carried him on my shoulders to scout for deer, take him with me to hang stands, scout turkeys, fill feeders, set up blinds etc. We will be in a blind in the a.m watching flydown from a distance and he loves every second of it. 3 weeks old here.