OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You know your a turkey hunter when???

Started by I hate turkeys, March 04, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

When your at bass pro and walk by the people running the turkey calls on display and you ring out a loud gobble.Which causes everyone to go quite and look at you like your some kind of werido. And you dont know why everyone is looking in your direction. :TrainWreck1:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Trax

When the radiator in your pickup is leaking and needs to be replaced, but you choose to fix it with some epoxy that may or may not hold so you can instead buy a new pistol grip stock for the turkey gun.

Turkeykiller12

When you carry your 5 yr old and your 20 month old with you scouting. All by my self  Yep! I really needed to go.

njdevilsb

When getting up at 5:30am for work is sleeping in.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: jakesdad on March 05, 2013, 08:49:48 PM
When 6am comes waaaaaaaaay to early to get up for work..............but 4am doesnt come early enough to get up to go turkey hunting :funnyturkey:

My new hero!

During hunting season, I wake the alarm clock up - the rest of the year I punch it when it wakes me up!

Rio Fan

When I spent all day in Seattle with my family and then drove 3 1/2 hours to get home around 11:00pm.  And then I quickly threw my turkey gear and a cooler in my truck and drove about 4 hours to Idaho to hunt a couple of birds that had given me fits on a couple other hunts.  And the best part is I finally killed one of them that morning around 11:20.  My buddies thought I was crazy to do that, but that's how much I love turkey hunting.

Flydown

When you have enough passion and respect for a bird that you won't give up no matter what obsticales come in your way.Perseverance ,dedication and a can win attitude are the tools of those who chose to pursue a majestic bird with the brain the size of a peanut.

Borat

Quote from: Shotgun on March 05, 2013, 09:24:38 PM
When your wife leaves you and the first thing that comes to mind is how many turkeys are going to die.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TrainWreck1:

firstflight111

After 45 day's of scouting and watching turkey's and you pick you 2 birds out and harvest just the 2 turkey's you picked out and passing on so many others just to get the 2 you wanted
i had this guy in the decoys 4 days and passed on him

and this one

and be able to get this one
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

wvboy

When your sister offers you a Trip to Hawaii that will only cost you Airfare in August .. and you try to get her to change it to March instead so you can find a place to Turkey hunt while there

The wife and sister didn't allow it, but I sure was trying.. :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

30_06

Your in the woods on opening day in newly camouflaged crutches fresh off of knee surgery.

savduck

When, you don't use a blind, decoy, or GPS. You don't have to roost a bird or get to him by using a golf cart.
Georgia Boy

Gut Pile

When you wake up in the morning and realized you just dreamed about seeing turkey tacks. :OGturkeyhead:
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

camotruck

When you blow your wad on an Osceola hunt only to return home and start selling off stuff to pay for a Rio Grande hunt.
"If you could make money the way you hunt, you'd be a rich man, and I wouldn't worry about you."   .....My Dad shortly before he passed.  Bye Dad  Love ya

VooDooMagic

Quote from: savduck on March 07, 2013, 05:02:26 PM
When, you don't use a blind, decoy, or GPS. You don't have to roost a bird or get to him by using a golf cart.

Amen, now pass the biscuits...