News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You know your a turkey hunter when???

Started by I hate turkeys, March 04, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

When you tell your family and friends no plans between march 15 and April 30
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gooserbat

You tell the wife to be she's got 11 months of the year to plan a wedding and April ain't included.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

barry

Quote from: trippsims on March 05, 2013, 01:06:59 PM
when you wish your girlfriend wasn't in the car so you could break out the calls.... :help:

You break out your calls whether she's in the car or not!
You must be a young fellow, so we'll let it slide this time. ;)

Rio Fan

When you think about turkeys/turkey hunting 365 days a year.

custom12

No camping trips during turkey season ,unless I have pre-scouted the area we are going. :fire:

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: CASH on March 05, 2013, 02:17:14 PM
When you tell your family and friends no plans between march 15 and April 30

This one!

Gooserbat

Quote from: barry on March 05, 2013, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: trippsims on March 05, 2013, 01:06:59 PM
when you wish your girlfriend wasn't in the car so you could break out the calls.... :help:

You break out your calls whether she's in the car or not!
You must be a young fellow, so we'll let it slide this time. ;)

X2!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

When you eat, sleep & dream about turkeys constantly. When your kids and wife don't want to be near you b/c they are tired of hearing turkeys constantly in the house, car, bathroom etc. I have even resisted my wife's lovings sometimes early in the morning or late at night (which isn't easy :toothy12:) knowing that I will be denied later...... All b/c of some stupid bird (as my wife calls it). Now that's addicted.

Gagry

When you get home from work before your wife and you're setting on the couch practicing with your mouth call and you don't notice she is home until she smacks you in the back of the head.

appalachianstruttstopper

You are setting in your cold 46 deg house checking the forum before you build a fire to see what other real turkey hunters say about this question.

(true story!)

TN Beard Buster

When your are sitting in a fast food joint and you pull out your straw and start yelping on it like you would on a wingbone or trumpet yelper!!! Don't laugh cause you know there's some of you who have done it!

ALfwlmth

Every time a crow sounds off, you do a gobble under your breath. 365 days/yr, no matter where I am. And then your friends start doing it. 4 days to yuut season!  Bring it!!!

jakesdad

When 6am comes waaaaaaaaay to early to get up for work..............but 4am doesnt come early enough to get up to go turkey hunting :funnyturkey:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Shotgun

When your wife leaves you and the first thing that comes to mind is how many turkeys are going to die.

redleg06

When you stop and listen whenever a crow sounds off....regardless of where you're at when it happens.