Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Called up 3 jakes and a big boy into Wal Mart parking lot today

Started by trippsims, March 03, 2013, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

Thought someone might find this funny as well. I was walking out of Wal Mart today after buy a slick stick and saw 6 standing in a large field behind it. I was parked in the back where the auto shop is and mostly everyone was gone, it's Sunday and was around 5. I grabbed a diaphragm, modified v-cut 3 reed Houndstooth (great call), and yelped really soft starting out and got their attention. I stayed in a parking spot and didn't really move around with the window down, normal for what Wal Mart turkeys see I guess. After they began to ease to me I cut loud and started getting more aggressive. A couple of the jakes began to start to try and fight and the gobbler was pushing them towards me. All of them ended up at about thirty yards standing on the edge of the sidewalk! The gobbler had about a 9" beard and had it have been March 15, he would have had some issues. The mechanics sure got a good show though!

El Pavo Grande

tomstopper

Thats awesome & just goes to show you that you never know what your going to see at Wally World.

Deputy 14

Did they have Michael Waddell stamped on them like everything else turkey at Walmart?

AUDoubleBeard

Ha nice story it's amazing how dumb the birds can act at times.

reflexl

That could have been at our Wal-mart. Deer and turkeys walk around the back pretty regularly. reflexl

trippsims

Quote from: Deputy 14 on March 04, 2013, 06:21:29 PM
Did they have Michael Waddell stamped on them like everything else turkey at Walmart?
I know that they did not come to a call with Michael Waddell stamped on it! No offense to Flextone fans, of course!

redarrow