turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

priority mail

Started by stone road turkey calls, March 03, 2013, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

you know you can wrap the small flat rate box with brown paper and send it all over the USA for half the flat rate fee, and you get free boxes. not suggesting anyone do this, just letting you know. average $3.00 savings x calls mailed WOW!
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

lightsoutcalls

You know, if you get caught doing that, you might end up paying multiple times more than your total savings? 

I don't think I would risk it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Old Gobbler

I just use my own boxes and save that way

I have been having issues with the mail

True story..... I just received a letter from a customer with a check in it. , it was going from Gainesville Fl to my house in S Florida- he threw in some business cards for me to give out,  so when I got it I
Owed 20 cents......  get this I look at the check to  deposit it  its dated on the check and the postmark. November 2011  >:(  I just got last week!  No wonder they are going out of business
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

benellinut

I sent barrel out to rob roberts bye ups and it got there in two days.They sent it back priority mail and it took 7 days.It made it back to ohio then they sent it to iowa by mistake wow no wonder they are going broke doing that.crystal at rob roberts said they sent out 7 barrels and usps messed up 4 of them by sending them all over the place.think i will only use ups from now on.

lightsoutcalls

Just a thought... UPS is one of the companies that has tried to manipulate the Boy Scouts of Ameirca by pulling funding if they don't include gay scouts and leaders...

There is always Fed Ex.

M,Yingling

They all got their storys of losing things  (shipping companys) and what not ,,, But hey what you going to do  :anim_25:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: M,Yingling on March 04, 2013, 02:32:11 PM
They all got their storys of losing things  (shipping companys) and what not ,,, But hey what you going to do  :anim_25:

Bring back the Pony Express!  ;)

barry

I shipped a tube call to a gentleman last week. Well, he called me today and said the package had a hole BURNED into it. Yes it was burned! It melted the latex and O'ring that went with the tube.
How the heck does a package get burned during shipment?
PO acknowledged that package was damaged when delivered but did not offer any reimbursement

runngun

I have always had great luck with USPS, so far.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

AUDoubleBeard

I waited in line for over an hour today just to turn in my passport paperwork.  There doesn't seam to be a lack of people using USPS, but I did notice numerous people leave and I would assume going somewhere else to ship their packages. On a side note I have never had a problem when using USPS, although I prefer fedEX.

870BkWht

Just last week I sent a call and 2 strikers to an OG member who purchased said call from the classifieds board.  I got a PM from him saying the call made it, but 1 of the 2 strikers was broke in half.  What I want to know is how much do you have to mishandle a package to break a 1 piece walnut striker with a 1/4'' dowel in half.  I tried to make it right by the buyer, but Im limited to using UPS or FedEx due to not having a dropoff or shipping station anywhere withing 30 minutes.

USPS is what it is I guess.

gaswamp

many people don't realize that a lot of packages are subject to nitwit handling of airline loaders, not necessarily the mailing services that do the damage but the airlines

turkey_slayer

Quote from: gaswamp on March 05, 2013, 07:27:19 AM
many people don't realize that a lot of packages are subject to nitwit handling of airline loaders, not necessarily the mailing services that do the damage but the airlines

True but not if you ship it ground. I work for UPS and have at a few different locations. I would say just in our building that one of every 750 gets damaged. Unlikely you would get a damage but you have realize how many times just your packaged is handled. FedEx is setup similiar.

1. You drop your box off. Clerk handles it and puts it on a belt.

2. Sorter gets the box and sorts it to the correct belt.

3. Another Sorter gets it and sorts it to the right truck (tractor trailor).

4. Loader loads it in the truck.

Ok that load goes to the next facility and goes thru the same process. So if your box goes thru 4 facilities before it reaches its destination then it will be handled a minimum of 17 times. If its a small box such as a turkey call its even more cause it will get sorted to the "smalls" section where it will get handled at least twice then put in a bag then back to the Sorter. So at least 25 if its a small box.

Also boxes don't come down the belt in a neat single file line. It's comes in heaps, falls off belts, rollers, ect. I worked at the 5th largest UPS center in the nation and second biggest on the east coast. We would process around 200,000 boxes in a 5 hour period. You can't do that neatly cause supervisors have numbers that must be run they cram it down the workers throats. The company itself itself is the biggest reason boxes get damaged. Just a little insight how ups runs lol

gaswamp

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 05, 2013, 07:29:24 PM
Quote from: gaswamp on March 05, 2013, 07:27:19 AM

True but not if you ship it ground. I work for UPS and have at a few different locations. I would say just in our building that one of every 750 gets damaged. Unlikely you would get a damage but you have realize how many times just your packaged is handled. FedEx is setup similiar.

1. You drop your box off. Clerk handles it and puts it on a belt.

2. Sorter gets the box and sorts it to the correct belt.

3. Another Sorter gets it and sorts it to the right truck (tractor trailor).

4. Loader loads it in the truck.

Ok that load goes to the next facility and goes thru the same process. So if your box goes thru 4 facilities before it reaches its destination then it will be handled a minimum of 17 times. If its a small box such as a turkey call its even more cause it will get sorted to the "smalls" section where it will get handled at least twice then put in a bag then back to the Sorter. So at least 25 if its a small box.

Also boxes don't come down the belt in a neat single file line. It's comes in heaps, falls off belts, rollers, ect. I worked at the 5th largest UPS center in the nation and second biggest on the east coast. We would process around 200,000 boxes in a 5 hour period. You can't do that neatly cause supervisors have numbers that must be run they cram it down the workers throats. The company itself itself is the biggest reason boxes get damaged. Just a little insight how ups runs lol

thanks for sharing your knowledge.  know a little more now