turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

fed hwt #7 vs 6

Started by rrhunter, March 02, 2013, 04:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhunter

Been able to find 2 boxes of # 7 at my local bass pro over the past couple of weeks. They have plenty of #6. Question is how much difference in the #6 and #7. Should I be buying and putting the #6 in the safe too?
COME MARCH 15th.....HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!!!!

BrowningGuy88

I like the 6's personally, but they are way overkill at 40. I shoot them mainly because I can pick them up locally, I have a stash, and they break 125 at 40.

surehuntsalot

I like the 6's myself
easier to find and still pattern great
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BrowningGuy88

I run them through a non-ported SumToy.

A lot of guys are shooting them through Kick's GT chokes in 12 and 10 gauges and have excellent patterns. Kick's are ported chokes. You will just have to shoot it to find out.

chode2235

Quote from: Daman on March 03, 2013, 08:55:57 AM
I like the 6's personally, but they are way overkill at 40. I shoot them mainly because I can pick them up locally, I have a stash, and they break 125 at 40.

What do you mean?  Will I be turning a turkey's face to hamburger at 40 yards, or will the pattern be too broad?  I couldn't quite understand your point.

BrowningGuy88

You will have more pellets in the 10" at 40 with 7's than 6's and the 7's have the energy to kill as far as you can hold a pattern to 100 in the 10".  HWT 6's have the energy to kill way farther than 40 yards, but won't hold the pattern like 7's.

R AJ

Sixes are my next choice hands down whether in lead or HTL in th e20 gauge guns.

surehuntsalot

Federal HW #6's are bad to the bone(pun intended) turkey shells
it's not the harvest,it's the chase