OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunglasses While Hunting

Started by TnTurk, March 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

Pulling the bill of the hat down helps most of the time.  But sometimes I have to put on my glasses the old guy clip-ons.  I'm always sitting in the shade and it hasn't been a problem.

BrowningGuy88

I have to wear my regular glasses all the time and start out the hunt with them and won't change unless I move on a bird up in the morning. Now after I move, the prescription Costas go on.

I wear green mirror lenses and I have not had any issues.

spaightlabs

I wear sunglasses from sunrise to sunset darn near 365  a year - never had a problem,and wouldn't be caught outside without 'em.

RIStrutStopper

I usually wear a facemask of some sort when hunting with my bow for deer or shotgun for turkey and any time I've ever worn glasses they tend to fog up, so I don't ever wear them when hunting now.

Spring_Woods

Only wear them driving or when I'm at the beach with my wife. :D
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

ridgerunner

:mycross:
Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 03, 2013, 09:16:59 PM
this ain't hollywood
I don't wear sunglasses while turkey hunting,already to much can go wrong

X2

Rio

Absolutely not a problem. I never go without my sunglasses.

memtigerfan

I wear Rx polarized shades when it's bright out.  They definitely help me see movement.  Good luck this season.  I hunt near Bolivar, Tn.  And you?
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Often!
email: memtigerfan@gmail.com

TnTurk

Quote from: memtigerfan on March 08, 2013, 01:28:26 AM
I wear Rx polarized shades when it's bright out.  They definitely help me see movement.  Good luck this season.  I hunt near Bolivar, Tn.  And you?
Chester County, about 20 minutes away.

mnturkey

I do not wear regular glasses and do not wear sunglasses when hunting.
I do make sure for the most part when setting up that I try and have the sun behind me.
I check places out when scouting and use different areas for morning and evening hunts.
I have a friend who cannot see without glasses and has never had a problem with the glasses screwing up a Turkey.
SEMPER FI