OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunglasses While Hunting

Started by TnTurk, March 02, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnTurk

Just wondering if any of y'all wear sunglasses while your hunting. In the recent years I've gotten to where I can't stand being outside without my glasses on because the bright sun causes me to squint and I need to preserve what quality eyesight I have left. I was thinking about getting some just for turkey season and wanted a little feedback from some who already may use them.
Thanks and God Bless,  Steve

Byhalia

None neede here yet !!!!     lol    but my eyes too are aging    ::)
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

tomstopper

I have never used them for hunting turkeys. I usually just pull my hat down a little more. There is already to much that can go wrong with a hunt, so I never wanted to have a possible glare spook the bird. That's just IMO but I know others that wear them. It's just whatever you feel comfortable/confident  with......

Ded Goblr

Either sunglasses or regular glasses. Never been a problem.

BowBendr

I can't stand to wear my regular bi-focal everyday eye glasses while hunting, so I had my eye dr. make me a pair of regular glasses with brown frames that don't have the bi-focal, using the crizal lenses with anti-glare and grey transition in them.

They allow me to see my FFII easier and they get really dark without glare. Now they can't see my eyes, I get to see my dot without it appeaing to be a starburst, and I don't squint.

Skeeterbait

I have a pair of camo framed wrap around style sunglasses in my vest and pull them out occasionally.  Not unless I have to though.

Eric Gregg

I wear Costa polarized glasses. They help knock a lot of glare down from the sun when the sun gets up later on in the morning.

Publicland

I wear mine a lot in the evenings, but they are the Oakley camo half jackets with polarized lenses !

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

redleg06

I have prescription sunglasses and wear them hunting on sunny days. They arent mirrored lenses and It's never been an issue 

VaTuRkStOmPeR

land cruiser

Oakley polarized xljs, never had an issue

tomstopper

Well gentlemen, it looks like the majority of you don't have any problems wearing them so I am going to try it. You all convinced me and gave me another reason to spend more money.  :toothy12: :toothy12:

surehuntsalot

this ain't hollywood
I don't wear sunglasses while turkey hunting,already to much can go wrong
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Fatbeard

I have wore them plenty of times and never had any problems.
East TN Beard Buster