OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flopping birds

Started by BlakeJ, March 02, 2013, 11:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

Different people do different things for toms flopping around on the ground after the shot. Usually I just let em flop and expire but that sometimes messes up the fans. What do you do?

redarrow

Carefully step on the head. Watch the spurs.

tomstopper

Wingbone

Step on the head. If you want him to look good for a mount or picture, you better grab his legs and get him lifted off the ground as soon as you get a foot on the head. If not, he may still end up ringing his own neck and blowing off about half his feathers.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

TnTurk

After about 30 years, experience has taught me to just let em flop.  :funnyturkey:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

FullChoke

I know that I am in the minority here on this, but I hold him down on the ground with his wings pressed against his back and his feet under him. Every gobbler that I done this to simply expires with minimal extra damage.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

misfire

Quote from: Wingbone on March 02, 2013, 12:47:28 PM
Step on the head. If you want him to look good for a mount or picture, you better grab his legs and get him lifted off the ground as soon as you get a foot on the head. If not, he may still end up ringing his own neck and blowing off about half his feathers.

this
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

redleg06

SinGin

ILIKEHEVI-13

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: SinGin on March 02, 2013, 04:05:38 PM
Full nelson for me

^^^That's a good one!!!  I sometimes break out the headlock and DDT!!!

willy8457

I Always stomp on there head, My Buddy calls that the Crunchy Dance.

Rio Fan

I keep shooting until he's not flopping at all, seems to work great...just kidding.

I either put a boot on his head or just let him flop until he expires.

RutnNStrutn

I carefully grab the legs and hoist them in the air to let them flop their last without beating out their feathers. I've been pretty lucky cause I've only been spurred twice. :lol: