OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Most exciting thing turkey hunting is..........

Started by reflexl, March 01, 2013, 06:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Quote from: longspur on March 03, 2013, 06:08:53 AM
when one gobbles closer and closer and you see that grin on a kids face that's never killed one.

I like that one!

heathwesley

I have had em so close stuttn, gobblin and drummn that I could feel my heart beat in my face and was afraid to breath or blink. 

Spring_Woods

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on March 03, 2013, 10:21:18 PM
Quote from: Gobblestopper on March 03, 2013, 02:10:58 PM
Using breaks in terrain, natural cover, shadows, the sound of the wind, crawling, creeping, sliding, rolling, running, watching the birds every action to know when to move and when to freeze, applying my knowledge of the land I hunt and where and when the birds will be, to flat out stalk and take them down one on one.  Definitely not your traditional call and wait style turkey hunting nor something to do on public land, but it's a huge rush for me to take a bird this way and I just plain love it.
If you don't me asking what state are you hunting in? Stalking is illegal in my state, Pennsylvania and it should be it's a dangerous practice.

That's nice that you feel that way but if its legal where he hunts, who cares?
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

TURKEYWHACKER

Callin' birds in for my Dad and seein' the smile and pure excitement when he's holdin' em up by the legs.

trippsims

When you've been on the same tree for so long and haven't moved with your gun up, past the point of tired muscles and butt/back pain. Then an ole white head comes poking around a tree and your so fast to put about 100 high-density pellets in that turkeys head, you don't even know what happened. Then, ahhhhhh, you stand up and all the blood rushes back to your butt cheeks, that's turkey hunting for you!

Just kidding, that's too literal, I like that first gobble to the hoot! It makes you feel like you just woke up a whole different world, and the games begin.

land cruiser

CASH

Killing the gobbler you've chased for 2 seasons and finally did everything right
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gooserbat

It's simple, we turkey hunt because they  :gobble:

The closer & louder the better!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

lonnie sneed jr.

Seeing a smile on my Dads face 2.5 weeks after he had a 5 bypass and we thought he was going to die. He thought he would never get to turkey hunt again and when he killed a 19.25 lbs, with an 11" beard 2.5 weeks after his 5 bypass heart surg. I built him a blind in the edge of a hay field and drove him right up to it before day light helped him get in a fold up chair and sit the decks. up. He was so week he had to shoot off of a shooting stick. He went on to kill another gobbler a week later, and never missed a beat sense thin. He lost his sight last year in in right eye and learned to shoot left handed and kill a nice on last year after missing the first 2.5 weeks with his eye. These have been the 2 most exciting things for me ever turkey hunting. With the bypass being first.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

appalachianstruttstopper

Definetly for me seeing a kid take their first long beard.

perrytrails

Agree, seeing a kid or even a adult that's never had a bird close, much less shoot one.

The breathing gets faster, the gun barrel moving up and down, takes you back to that first bird. Good stuff.....