OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Most exciting thing turkey hunting is..........

Started by reflexl, March 01, 2013, 06:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2loud

Just as you lay eyes on him for the first time at 25 yds after hearing walking and wings dragging in the leaves for 5 mins

El Pavo Grande

Having one gobble real close, but just out of sight, and you hear his footsteps in the leaves as he is about to show up.  It is so intense when your setup will have him appear within 15 steps or so and you don't know exactly where it will be.

Rio Fan

When he's getting close, but you still haven't seen him and he lets out a big old gobble and it feels like the ground shakes...man I love turkey hunting!!!

mikejd

longspur

when one gobbles closer and closer and you see that grin on a kids face that's never killed one.

ALfwlmth

For me....when he gets inside the kill bubble and somebody whispers "I see him!" 

Gobblestopper

Using breaks in terrain, natural cover, shadows, the sound of the wind, crawling, creeping, sliding, rolling, running, watching the birds every action to know when to move and when to freeze, applying my knowledge of the land I hunt and where and when the birds will be, to flat out stalk and take them down one on one.  Definitely not your traditional call and wait style turkey hunting nor something to do on public land, but it's a huge rush for me to take a bird this way and I just plain love it.

surehuntsalot

just being able to play the "GAME" with them every year
win or lose,if I get to play the game,then as far as I'm concerned, I've won
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Flydown

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Gobblestopper on March 03, 2013, 02:10:58 PM
Using breaks in terrain, natural cover, shadows, the sound of the wind, crawling, creeping, sliding, rolling, running, watching the birds every action to know when to move and when to freeze, applying my knowledge of the land I hunt and where and when the birds will be, to flat out stalk and take them down one on one.  Definitely not your traditional call and wait style turkey hunting nor something to do on public land, but it's a huge rush for me to take a bird this way and I just plain love it.
If you don't me asking what state are you hunting in? Stalking is illegal in my state, Pennsylvania and it should be it's a dangerous practice.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Bustabeak

Nothing beats seeing one strut while the warm spring morning sun hitting him. I still remember seeing my first one top the hill and go into full strut. The sun hit him, he was spitting and drumming and my heart literally skipped. Never will forget it. My buddy was going to let me shoot but I was so caught up in how awesome he looked that I forgot to get my gun ready. He shot the bird but it was what lit my fire for turkey hunting. I haven't stopped since.

Ticklishtompro

When it is still kind of dark out and that first gobble shatters the morning silence!!  Gets the blood flowing and starts out the day right, everything else is icing on the cake.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff

gobbler336

the GOBBLE, i don't care about distance, worry about that later, just let him gobble!

derek

When you are working a bird, he's getting closer and closer.. then he shuts up.  I just love the anticipation of knowing he's on his way.. or is he done?  That's a good feeling. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

ferocious calls

Quote from: derek on March 04, 2013, 07:53:15 AM
When you are working a bird, he's getting closer and closer.. then he shuts up.  I just love the anticipation of knowing he's on his way.. or is he done?  That's a good feeling.

X2