OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you TRAP to help the turkey population?????

Started by yukonhunter, February 07, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Great pictures gatrapper!!!

It takes quite the skill, and scent precautions to fool the wary noses of the fox and the coyote.  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

gatrapper

Scent precaution is important but way over hyped imo. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Jay

The trapping around here has completely died out. I guess it's not paying for the gas to run a line. What's everyone getting on pelts?

gatrapper

Hardly make anything on pelts in the South.  I have a few private buyers that I will sell too. 

keyser12ga

I trapped for coon, possum, skunk (accidentally and not a pleasant ending for either of us), and coyote.  I was teaching myself and reading what I could on the internet but never had any luck foot trapping coyotes.  They were always digging and flipping my traps no matter what I did for scent control.  I had better luck with snares.

Does anyone have any good tips for trapping beaver, have an infestation!  I've got some good slides I could set up on but 330's aren't legal unless completely submerged, so I thought snare and drowner or foothold/drowner but the water is only 8" at the base of the slide to 1 ft deep everywhere beyond the slides.  Is that deep enough to drown them?  There is deep water on the creek but they aren't anywhere close to where all the slides are.

gatrapper

nc_hunter

I do a little trapping.....

22lb female and a 48lb male

26lb Bobcat

nc_hunter

Quote from: gatrapper on February 08, 2011, 09:45:39 PM

Hey GaTrapper, that black yote is awesome.  I've caught pretty much every color except a black one...if i can ever catch one that color i'll have him mounted.

How long an anchor chain are you using???  The one holding that black yote loooks waaaaaaay to long. 

gatrapper

Soil conditions dictate chain length.  The soil in this field is a very loose type of soil.  I double stake all my traps but in loose soil I want a longer chain. 

Most of my chains might be 15 inches or so, that chain was probably 2 ft long. 

yukonhunter

www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

saltysenior

Quote from: yukonhunter on February 09, 2011, 04:48:17 PM
awesome pics   def helping out the turkey :you_rock:

your efforts might be helping the turkeys, but posting pictures like that is a much better help to people who are against trapping........people from organizations like peta welcome free anti-whatever ammunition ....

tra_cline

if pictures of dead animals are gonna offend anyone this will definitely not be the site for them. I am so sick and tired of hearing how we need to tip toe around anti's feelings....Bla Bla Bla. Hunters only problem is they are lazy on election day  and don't stick together!
Awesome pictures guys can't wait to see more of them. these are the only traps we use

chrisun

I have been trapping for about 15 years now. Something to help pass the winter.
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

yukonhunter

Yeah there is no way to sugar coat the sport we love thats like saying dont post pics of dead turkey.
www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

fallsflight

Quote from: tra_cline on February 10, 2011, 11:43:05 AM
if pictures of dead animals are gonna offend anyone this will definitely not be the site for them. I am so sick and tired of hearing how we need to tip toe around anti's feelings....Bla Bla Bla. Hunters only problem is they are lazy on election day  and don't stick together!
Awesome pictures guys can't wait to see more of them. these are the only traps we use

:icon_thumright:  Exactly!  Hunting, fishing, trapping, etc is OUR way of life and if WE have to worry about being proud of what we do and afraid to post pictures on a site dedicated to the all those things...well, we might as well curl up in a corner some place and wave the white flag.