OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

??Help building pot call please!!

Started by turkeykiller22, March 01, 2013, 09:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

I am wanting to build a pot call just to try it. With that being said I do not have any tools! I am just a college student, so I was hoping that I could find some blanks and maybe glue everything together... Can I do this? Also I have tried to read up on tuning them and I am wondering how this is done..

Thanks for the help guys!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Cut*N*Run

Google Brookside Game Calls. Joe sells CNC'd pot call and box call kits and they generally sound real good- competition quality apparently. Just some finish sanding and a finish and you're good to go.

nx95240

my first pot every put together came from brookside.didnot sound to bad kill one tom with it that yr. and there box call kit are pretty good too. i have seen a few guy sell them and i got a few of them here.heck for 20 bucks can not go wrong.brian

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: Gitzit69 on March 01, 2013, 11:47:33 PM
Quote from: Cut*N*Run on March 01, 2013, 09:21:21 AM
competition quality apparently.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: I wonder who that was?  :OGani:

I can't figure out if people don't know or don't care???   ???

VanHelden Game Calls

Enlighten us please :begging:

Some of use are out of the circuit.

mountman62

i just put together my first pot call, a purpleheart double side pot i picked up in Nashville at the NWTF Nats from Brookside, paired it with a ceramic top and a slate backside, that is what i wanted, ran it last night with a couple different strikers i have, i WILL hunt with it this year, if i do another in kit form i do have a couple changes i would make, will probably order a couple more kits from them in the near future
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

harrorick

I will turn some pots for you guys. pm me if you want some.