OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's the Biggest Turkey Hunting MYTH????

Started by redleg06, February 28, 2013, 08:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

When a gobbler answers you, he knows exactly which tree you're sitting at. Oh, puhleeeze.  ::)

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Flydown

Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2013, 05:26:10 PM
He's either coming or going ::)
Yep, my thoughts exactly, the only difference between a cluck and a put is weather he is  coming or going.

Eric Gregg

HARDCORE

Because one gobbles his brains out and responds to every call you make, he must be a two year old.

HC

El Pavo Grande

"That no jakes can gobble like big gobblers."

Some jakes can flat out gobble like the big boys and fool you.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Uncle Nicky

Mossberg835

redleg06

Quote from: Hardcore on February 28, 2013, 11:12:02 PM
Because one gobbles his brains out and responds to every call you make, he must be a two year old.

HC

Or that every quiet or spooky bird is a 3-4year old...

barry

Quote from: FullChoke on February 28, 2013, 09:56:16 PM
When a gobbler answers you, he knows exactly which tree you're sitting at. Oh, puhleeeze.  ::)

FullChoke

He may not know "exactly which tree" you're setting at but I bet my left acorn he can fly down to within 10 yards of where you're settin'!

flintlock

With thinking you have to have the latest "XYZ" to kill one.   Save your $ for gas and just go more.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

reflexl

"Big gobblers can't fly very far". Their wings are simply for flying up and down from their roost.

That was spoke by someone that never saw these birds around here. I watched a flock of turkeys that was mostly hens but had a couple of big gobblers in it fly nearly a mile. They started on a hill on the south side of a major highway and knowing that they coudn't land in the middle of a bunch of heavy traffic they started gaining altitude and climbed around 200' to land on the hill on the north side of the highway. It was a sight. I could tell that this wasn't the first time they had pulled this. reflexl

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

VooDooMagic

That you can't belly crawl close enough to one struttin' in a field to kill it...

Number17

Quote from: VooDooMagic on March 01, 2013, 08:51:15 PM
That you can't belly crawl close enough to one struttin' in a field to kill it...

Turkey ninja....that's what I call that.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls