turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is your turkey kill total?

Started by mozart_hunter, February 27, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy8457

Counting fall birds, not a clue, I've been hunting over 40 years and have killed lots more fall birds than gobblers. But have done well on the Gobblers Hunting in three differnt states. Never really tried to count .

hoyt

I use to keep up with them many yrs ago until I couldn't remember how many. I have a hard enough time trying to remember how old I am.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Man, if I kill one a year I'm a lucky dog.

J Hook Max

Don't know exactly, but nearing 150. However, I have hunted them for a very long time. Now I mostly guide other hunters. Just as much fun as I usually get to call them up. All but a handful are Easterns.

Tail Feathers

My total is six lower than I hope it will be when this season ends. :funnyturkey:

That would mean I tagged out everywhere I hunted this year.  I'm hoping!! :fud:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BrowningGuy88

I have killed 31 Easterns, but the only reason I know how many is I keep a lanyard of spurs.

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SouthernThunder

Somewhere between 15-20.....all Osceolas

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

tomstopper

35 mix of gobblers (being the most) & hens (fall). All easterns.

redarrow

12-13 or so.Maybe 50 50 split between Jakes and Longbeards. 1 hen.

barry

Quote from: Flydown on February 28, 2013, 12:37:29 AM

Dang Chris, that's twice as many as I've killed!

guesswho

My first one in 1965 and my last one in 2012.  So that's two.  I didn't know me and Flydown were tied. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mudhen

What was the question again  ???

I'm working on my 2nd hundred toms, and don't really care if I ever reach that level... 

I'll hunt hard for sure, but I'll just let nature takes it's course more from now on....

But I do love me some gadgets, so turkey hunting should remain fun for me  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Muzzy61

Not sure how many, but I got the same feeling from the last one that i got from the first.

They still tear me up when the get in front of me strutting & gobbling.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TauntoHawk

11 Toms in 6 years, I've had the pleasure of calling in a few for other people and just being along for the ride on others.

I'll lose track eventually just like I did with deer, but for now I can remember the details of each and every harvest like it was last week. Looking forward to many more opportunites hopefully in all different states
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>