turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tri Starr firearms

Started by philbilly26, February 20, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbilly26

found a nice over and under made by tristar 12ga. 3 1/2 camo'ed in mossy oak duck blind cam. Has anybody got any dealings with this firearm and its reliability?

Coker Creek

I've been using one for last two seasons with no issues. Got a jellyhead .655 in top barrel &full choke in bottom for close shots. Its worked out pretty good so far i've put half dozen down or so with it. I also drilled & tapped it for a red dot scope . Hope this helps.

jarbo03

Mine double fired a lot, had it in tri-stars service center multiple times, thankfully it is local.  My 16 ga tri-star o/u did the same thing, it appeard to have been fixed after a trip to the service center. Too bad, I sold the 12, is still the best feeling o/u I have fired.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Southern Sportsman

I actually just bought an O/U after looking and researching for a while. I looked at that particular gun and I read several accounts of them double firing or even firing when snapped closed. The idea of 2 3.5" turkey loads firing simultaneously with an O/U and me against a tree steered me in a different direction.

allaboutshooting

Judging from the numbers of people looking for chokes for those guns at the Convention last weekend, sales must be excellent. I talked with a bunch of owners of those guns and they were very satisfied with performance, they just needed a better turkey choke.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

philbilly26

I was going to buy my 14 yr old this gun but i don't think i will take the chance with the double firing issue...   and it being almost 700 bucks at my gunshot...

jarbo03

Quote from: philbilly26 on February 26, 2013, 12:17:27 PM
I was going to buy my 14 yr old this gun but i don't think i will take the chance with the double firing issue...   and it being almost 700 bucks at my gunshot...
In that same price range, a good used O/U can be found, any of the more quality brands will still have many years of trouble free service.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2